R.I.P. Iain Hesford :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

That's my main memory of him too. Took some hammer that day!
i was at that game as well. we were robed second half of a draw. one shot cleared off the line. cheered up when steve bull scored four v the mags at st james on the way back

Gordon Amstrong's penalty man, looked like he kicked the ground before he hit the ball. It went towards the goal almost in slow motion.
was one of those classic safc games i should have known when i hoyed up on the way down. was a small section behind the goal iirc, with one side of the ground empty

seems like yesterdays not nearly quarter of a century :lol:

was one of those classic safc games i should have known when i hoyed up on the way down. was a small section behind the goal iirc, with one side of the ground empty

seems like yesterdays not nearly quarter of a century :lol:

I went down on the Sherburn supporters branch setting off at 6am and we got there and got in and there was a van load of lads from our village who had set off later and not had to spend 2 hours picking others up around Durham like we had, who instantly said we should have went down with them :(

We started on the terraced corner bit and moved behind the goal for the second half to give Hesford abuse. I recall there being a decent amount in fancy dress that day and some of the older lads cracking onto the WPC's. When Hesford saved the penalty and turned around punching the air we had to laugh.

Remmber a match when he jumped for the ball caught it whacked his hands agaisnt the crossbar dropped the ball the opponents tapped it in the net defo at home can't recall who agaisnt

Top player. RIP

Remmber a match when he jumped for the ball caught it whacked his hands agaisnt the crossbar dropped the ball the opponents tapped it in the net defo at home can't recall who agaisnt
No need for that here

RIP SAFC Player

Hesford was in goal down Springfield Park, Wigan for the famous mud slide game.

Pretty sure the game ended 2-2 and Iain had the ball booted out of his hands late on to give Wigan a point. The moment was captured on a photo which was shown on the front page of Wise Men Say with the title 'bringing the game into disrepute.'

EDIT: http://www.thestatcat.co.uk/Match.aspx?MatchID=784&LU=S&LUID=109

RIP.

I went down on the Sherburn supporters branch setting off at 6am and we got there and got in and there was a van load of lads from our village who had set off later and not had to spend 2 hours picking others up around Durham like we had, who instantly said we should have went down with them :(

We started on the terraced corner bit and moved behind the goal for the second half to give Hesford abuse. I recall there being a decent amount in fancy dress that day and some of the older lads cracking onto the WPC's. When Hesford saved the penalty and turned around punching the air we had to laugh.
I was on Harry Hutch's bus that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back