R.I.P. Iain Hesford :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember when he fumbled a Leeds free kick from somewhere near the half way line into his net :evil: but could have been a SAFC legend when he saved the penalty against Gillingham, shame Cascarino got the rebound. :evil:
Was that the one he caught above his head, he hit the ball against the bar, dropped it and someone put it in the net?

Do we know what he died of?

Was that the one he caught above his head, he hit the ball against the bar, dropped it and someone put it in the net?

Do we know what he died of?

Aye, it was from miles out and I think Hesford was bending down to get his sarnies out of his bag or summit, and the Leeds player went for it. Still should have saved it like.......

Just been talking about this - no cause of death yet?

Aye, it was from miles out and I think Hesford was bending down to get his sarnies out of his bag or summit, and the Leeds player went for it. Still should have saved it like.......

Just been talking about this - no cause of death yet?
No, no cause of death as yet that I'm aware of.

RIP

He is certainly in my memories as one the goal keeper from when I first started following Sunderland at Roker park and replaying the game with my mates in the park after the matches. "What a save by Hesford" was a standard running commentry during our games.

My thoughts are with his family.

Rip to the big fella...

Can still picture standing at roker watching busby doing the warmup routine with him week in and week out...

RIP big fella

My memory is shite but I think it was down Oldham (plastic pitch) when the teams were warming up, a brass band was playing in the centre circle. We were at the front and said to him that we bet he couldn't him them with the ball. He launched a beauty slap bang into the middle of them scattering them all over the place!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back