Quote Function - Android

Steak Pie

Striker
If I try to quote a post and reply to it while using my phone, the curser keeps jumping back into the quoted post and starts inserting extra lines. Seems to be OK if I'm just posting on a thread, but if I try to go back and edit, same problem.

That will ultimately be using Chrome then. Thanks

Is anyone else seeing this issue? I can’t reproduce on my phone but itdeleted and reinstalled the app. may be a different version of ChromThis is still a thinge.I've

This is still happening BTW,

I started getting this problem (random blank lines being inserted into quoted posts) a couple of weeks back but that was using the "Samsung Internet" app and it only started happening after the latest Android update. I've switched to Chrome and I'm having no problems.

Last edited:
I started getting this problem (random blank lines being inserted into quoted posts) a couple of weeks back but that was using the "Samsung Internet" app and it only started happening after the latest Android update. I've switched to Chrome and I'm having no problems.
I've just done the same and it seems to be OK, cheers for the tip.

Seems the issue is the Samsung Internet app for android.

Yes, please do. Its not something I have seen or was aware of and the code behind the "App" hasn't changed in a long time.

I have been checking, and I did actually apply a security patch on 12th October which could potentially affect the editing box and quoting functions. But obviously that has been in place for 6 weeks+ now.

Woke up to this on Friday morning..... @Roger

full

Back