Quitting the Drink

If you like running do you do parkrun? It's really friendly, caters for all levels and perhaps would help on a Friday night knowing you'll be running at 9am Saturday. You can find your local one on the parkrun website. It's free you just need to register for a barcode....sorry if you already know all this 😆,

If you like running do you do parkrun? It's really friendly, caters for all levels and perhaps would help on a Friday night knowing you'll be running at 9am Saturday. You can find your local one on the parkrun website. It's free you just need to register for a barcode....sorry if you already know all this 😆,
Thanks mate
Checked the website and there's one at maiden castle, might pop down there Saturday.

Thanks mate
Checked the website and there's one at maiden castle, might pop down there Saturday.
I've been to maiden castle once when my local in spennymoor was off. It's a great one as it's nice and flat. There is quite a few people do that one but there maybe less in the summer with the unis being on holiday. I can't speak highly enough of parkrun so if you give it a go, let us know how you get on. Good luck with everything.

Quitting the Drink as of today! Need advice and or encouragement as I feel like if I don't quit now it's going to spiral out of control.
Genuinely feel like I'm teetering on the edge of the precipice of alcoholism if I don't sort it.

How you getting on? I haven't had a beer since the 13th like. That reframe app is great if you haven't looked at it.

Must add that I feel absolutely class from not drinking. Much better sleep.

Think I am in a similar situation to you mate. Had a pretty bad injury which curtailed my running and my drinking over the last few years has become what i would now say is becoming a problem.
Got the all clear from the physio and doctors so can start to run again. To try and get my head in the game have entered the ballot for the Lakeland 50, done it a few years ago and I felt mint doing it. Am hoping it gives me the motivation to cut back on my excesses.
Good luck with what you do @Muddied Oaf

Good luck with it. It’s something I’ve been thinking more about lately, not cos I drink too often, but when I do I binge and it fucks me up for days. It sets me back in what I’m trying to do strength and fitness wise. Today I’ve worked from home and have been useless after being at boro yesterday.

Great post marra .
I love a drink on a weekend (has always been a think with my mates-still is after 40 odd year ) but when I’m doing park run sat morning -which is fantastic-this stops me and means it’s only on a Sat night ) .
I’m a slow runner but get out 3 or 4 a week, obv means less temptation to drink more fitness and when I do go out I feel I’ve “ earned it “ .
Some very good posts on here and good luck with anybody trying to reduce /cut it out.

Aye mate, fell off the wagon after about three weeks but going to give it another attempt soon. I'm determined to get this cracked and the support of people on this forum is brilliant.
Will update accordingly. Thanks fellow SMB'ers!
Have you heard of Sam Delaney? He gave up the booze and has been off it for 7 years today, he writes really well about it.

Back