Quinn and a Chinese Consortium

Quinn did not spend well here, whether it be with the Irish consortium and Keane, or Short and Bruce. He arguably forced the consortium to sell and set the wheels in motion to our current plight in his role as chairman and I for one wouldn't want him to take up the role ever again. Call it airing on the side of caution.

Misled by short...proof links etc etc
Short singlehandedly pulled us out of the financial shit that nq and keane had put us in.
Over 60m of debt due to keane buying expensive shit players on big wages and long contracts. None had any resale value.
NQ the football man stood by while keane just bought utter shite culminating in the shameful culmination at sol against bolton.
Short was the one misled allowing nq to persuade him to waste hus hard earned with a basket case loony manager who's one football trick was to buy players.
After keane ran away because he didnt like being accountable short wrote off 56m ( converting losses to capital ) to give us a clean slate. This on top of buying out the dublin drinking team who ran out of money in their desire to feed roy keane ( what rk wants rk gets ).
Short misled quinn...ye gods

Culminating in culmination. Piffle.

There are many reasons why after 10 years in the Premier League, why we only have 2 decent players in the squad....a young keeper and an aging striker

Those reasons consist of every manager we have had plus Quinn and Short.

About the only person without blame is the laughing man who is our current manager...and Short sold him a line

:eek: Er I don't think Moyes is without blame mind. He's on a par with McMenemy.

The McCartney saga should've set the bells ringing.
It was mentioned on here at the time that getting money for a player who'd been talking of quitting the game altogether was a masterstroke..... but to then resign him for double the amount! I wasn't the only one on here to claim it as a sacking offence for all concerned.
Bruce's South American dealings........another sacking offence for all concerned.

Bollocks. Quinn was one of the first in a long line to find out that Uncle Ellis was not necessarily what it said on the tin. And,as for blaming Short, the facts speak for themselves......one person has been in charge for the last 6 or 7 miserable years whilst everyone else has come and gone. If it's not his critically bad management,how have we come to where we are now in an era of unprecedented income for EPL clubs?
Facts are since Short got here debt has tripled and we've performed worse on the pitch. How anyone continues to defend him is beyond me.

Facts are since Short got here debt has tripled and we've performed worse on the pitch. How anyone continues to defend him is beyond me.

So at what stage do you think should ES have stopped backing his managers? MONs attempt at bringing in quality, Dick's signings or perhaps Sam's last transfer window? Arguably without the signings we would have been relegated years ago. Blame probably lays with the managers for not getting in their first, second or even third transfer targets.

If they installed Graeme Souness as manager, your headline could be CHOP SUEY

Surely they'd keep that headline for three quarters of the way through the season when we sack him for a new manager bounce on our road to survival?

So at what stage do you think should ES have stopped backing his managers? MONs attempt at bringing in quality, Dick's signings or perhaps Sam's last transfer window? Arguably without the signings we would have been relegated years ago. Blame probably lays with the managers for not getting in their first, second or even third transfer targets.

Is that fair though? Considering Short set up an entire infrastructure to take negotiations out of the managers hands? Pre DOF I believe Fletch, AJ, Alfie and Graham were all O'Neil's top targets and once scrapped Sam at least managed to get his secondary targets, this with limited funds and an already established 'club to avoid' rep hanging over us.

I surgest Short tinkering with the club installing an infrastructure which is designed to limit head coach involvement in transfers and make the head coaches more dispensable thanks to so called 'background continuity' is where a lot of our fault lies.

Quinn as chairman certainly kicked started our debt, but it would have surely corrected itself with the tv money had the club been ran right. The PDC-Gus-Dick section where the DoF inferstructure was in place seems to me what has done the most damage with the Di Fanti tenure being particular damaging.

Is that fair though? Considering Short set up an entire infrastructure to take negotiations out of the managers hands? Pre DOF I believe Fletch, AJ, Alfie and Graham were all O'Neil's top targets and once scrapped Sam at least managed to get his secondary targets, this with limited funds and an already established 'club to avoid' rep hanging over us.

I surgest Short tinkering with the club installing an infrastructure which is designed to limit head coach involvement in transfers and make the head coaches more dispensable thanks to so called 'background continuity' is where a lot of our fault lies.

Quinn as chairman certainly kicked started our debt, but it would have surely corrected itself with the tv money had the club been ran right. The PDC-Gus-Dick section where the DoF inferstructure was in place seems to me what has done the most damage with the Di Fanti tenure being particular damaging.
This and a lack of scouting is what has and continues to fuck us over.

Quinn did not spend well here, whether it be with the Irish consortium and Keane, or Short and Bruce. He arguably forced the consortium to sell and set the wheels in motion to our current plight in his role as chairman and I for one wouldn't want him to take up the role ever again. Call it airing on the side of caution.

rubbish, Irish property market collapse

rubbish, Irish property market collapse

Not at all. It meant they couldn't put more money into us aye. It had no baring what so ever on the money they'd already invested in the club. That went with keane's 39 signings and £80m spent in 4 window teaming with flops. This needed the club needing more investment, the Irish property market collapse merely forced the sale.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not at all. It meant they couldn't put more money into us aye. It had no baring what so ever on the money they'd already invested in the club. That went with keane's 39 signings and £80m spent in 4 window teaming with flops. This needed the club needing more investment, the Irish property market collapse merely forced the sale.

rubbish

Back