Quick Poll - re Voting

Given that the submissions are not anonymous, do you want the voting to be anonymous

• Anonymous

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • I want to put my name to it

Votes: 14 73.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Given that the submissions are not anonymous, do you want the voting to be anonymous or do you want to be identified?

Edit: Assuming we leave it at multiple votes

Last edited:

why would anyone want to hide! (for voting for the competition)

The poll is anonymous! This one! Change it! :lol:

No, I can't. Actually this was my second attempt at posting it, I forgot to turn the poll on first time.

I'll go with however we vote here.

Edit: and I'm pleased general election voting isn't "open" we might see MAgnificent Bastard voting Labour, he'd hate that.

No, I can't. Actually this was my second attempt at posting it, I forgot to turn the poll on first time.

I'll go with however we vote here.

Edit: and I'm pleased general election voting isn't "open" we might see MAgnificent Bastard voting Labour, he'd hate that.
:) Red - I saw.

Blue - OK.

Green - he might hate it but watchers wouldn't!

Putting your name to it reduces the risk of anyone using multi-usernames to vote.

Cynical, but we've already had someone trying to cheat this month

Like PB I'll say who I vote for anyway and probably like PB give an overall reason this time for why and mention each entry. That opens up discussion more I think.

Personally, I'm not fussed whether we can see who votes for who or not but I think we shouldn't vote multiple choice.

People should be made to pick their favourite - it forces you to be more critical.

Someone mentioned earlier that they'd vote for the best and maybe for someone who doesn't have many votes - it's a competition, so in my eyes there's no room for sympathy votes... it just devalues the meaning of a vote.

Someone may come on and vote for every entry, which would be reduntant.

But that might just be me.

Personally, I'm not fussed whether we can see who votes for who or not but I think we shouldn't vote multiple choice.

People should be made to pick their favourite - it forces you to be more critical.

Someone mentioned earlier that they'd vote for the best and maybe for someone who doesn't have many votes - it's a competition, so in my eyes there's no room for sympathy votes... it just devalues the meaning of a vote.

Someone may come on and vote for every entry, which would be reduntant.

But that might just be me.

I agree with this - voting should be a critical assessment, and general comment should be expressed in the discussion thread, and not via votes. It'd be nice if we could do preference voting - 10 points for favourite, 5 for second, 2 for third - but I realise that this isn't practical.

As for the anonymous thing, it would stop cheating, but tbh if people want to vote anonymously then perhaps they should be allowed to. If you want people to know who you voted for, then you can already do so on the discussion thread.

Just my tuppence worth - not especially bothered either way on either issue.

OK, I said we'd go with the results of the poll and we will.

Voting won't be anonymous and you will be able to vote for multiple shots.

I for one will give my reasons for my votes on the poll thread.

I like the voting. It reminds me of the Eurovision Song Contest, albeit on valium.....but will Norway vote for Sweden and will Sweden vote for Norway....

Still nee idea as to my winner. Such a brilliant but varied lot. :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back