Quick Links Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

WARSAW WULLIE

Since the recent upgrade to the site, using 'Quick Links' - 'Today's Posts' (which I like to use to avoid having to skip between forums) just doesn't work as well as it used to, if at all sometimes...

The message [This forum requires that you wait 20 seconds between searches. Please try again in 20 seconds] rears its ugly head almost continuously each time you try, and it can take minutes to view the list of posts/new posts!

Is this a temporary glitch, or has something gone wrong while upgrading the site and if so, can it be fixed? Cheers!

It shouldn't be behaving any different to before as there has always been a 20 second delay between searches.

Searches require a lot of effort by the server, so allowing more frequent searches opens us to a "denial of service" attack.

Incidentally, rather than using "quick links | new posts" you shoudl find its quicker and easier to use the "New Posts" link above (although this is also subject to the 20 seconds between searches rule)

It shouldn't be behaving any different to before as there has always been a 20 second delay between searches.

Searches require a lot of effort by the server, so allowing more frequent searches opens us to a "denial of service" attack.

Incidentally, rather than using "quick links | new posts" you shoudl find its quicker and easier to use the "New Posts" link above (although this is also subject to the 20 seconds between searches rule)

Thanks! However, although I'm aware of the 20 seconds delay, it does continue to play up since the changes i.e. When told to wait 20 seconds and after waiting a while to try again, I'll receive a message to wait say, 10 seconds, then say 2 seconds etc... Fine you'd think, but it'll jump back to 20 seconds and so on without me ever getting to view a list of threads... Getting used to it, but it remains a pain compared to how it used to work so fluently!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back