Questions that need answers

Reckon they’ve just opened the back door and accelerated away. Massive bells they are.

Cans are all in the ditch next to the hedgerow. Quite well spaced out over 300-ish yards. Just puzzleing why they've taken time to spread them over a distance, rather than just dump a pile in one place. Would have taken seconds. Whoever it was, drinks a lot of Carlsberg special brew.

Never mind all that shite, how to you pronounce "book?"
One of my teachers at school had an interesting way of pronouncing it.
A lad in the class had forgotten one of his books, or as he said it "I've forgot me byuk miss." The teacher went nuts and screamed at him "what is a byuk, there is no such thing as a byuk,. It's buck - buck, buck, buck, buck, buck. Since then I've always pronounced book as buck.:)

Easy. Grenfell is concrete construction with cellulosic fire. WTC fires were jet fuel and acted on steel beams and columns, effectively reducing the yield strength which meant columns under loading greater than design failed, resulting in re distribution of stress and further progressive collapse.
Can you now explain if time travel is possible

One of my teachers at school had an interesting way of pronouncing it.
A lad in the class had forgotten one of his books, or as he said it "I've forgot me byuk miss." The teacher went nuts and screamed at him "what is a byuk, there is no such thing as a byuk,. It's buck - buck, buck, buck, buck, buck. Since then I've always pronounced book as buck.:)
That's because that is the way to pronounce it

That's because that is the way to pronounce it
Yep same as look, took, cook and similar words. Oddly I pronounce look as luck, book as buck, took as tuck but never say cuck for cook. I pronounce it as it is spelt and say cook. Words evolve and many years ago those words were pronounced as they were spelt. Nowadays though the oo has become uh.

Back