Questions/Talk that doesn't warrant a new thread, thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

I guess it will increase chances of injury and I think I read that it will decrease 'gains' if you don't rest. No idea though
I'm 50 50 on it as some say they need rest others say it will gain. As a good example how do gymnasts on rings never decrease in muscle as they spend hours a day on them.

Is it wrong to work the same muscle group every time i go to the gym? I have a massive hard on for pecs and im doing work on them everytime i go. Im not neglecting everything else as on different days i'll do different groups, just im worried doing the same muscle 4-5 times a week would have some sort of negative effect?
it wouldn't necessarily have a negative effect but it depends how hard you're training. if you're trying to pack on muscle then you need to allow for recovery time. try doing some drop sets tomorrow - do them right and your chest will be knackered for a few days anyway :lol:

I'm sick of pissing like - finding (a little) comfort from hearing it's normal.

I can't seem to go more than an hour max without one but that's only when I've got something on my mind like playing a game of footy - and I'll force every last drop out before I start that

I have a 25 min walk from the gym and always always always need to rush in - need one now actually, how depressingly predictable

it wouldn't necessarily have a negative effect but it depends how hard you're training. if you're trying to pack on muscle then you need to allow for recovery time. try doing some drop sets tomorrow - do them right and your chest will be knackered for a few days anyway :lol:
Never heard of those before so just had a read. Think I'll take today off then do those drop sets tomorrow and rest at the weekend properly.

Cheers mate.

Anyone please before I go gungho on them again tomorrow :)

Look at Bulgarian methods (i.e. what Titus is now using) which can have you squatting 6/7 days a week and benching 6 days a week or whatever.

They key is to autoregulate sensibly and to not embark on these programmes without the requisite conditioning.

I don't have MyFitnessPal yet, though I am planning on doing so but could anyone tell me roughly how many calories would be in a standard large chicken and shish kebab, with salad, garlic mayo and chilli sauce? I'm guessing it must be one of the healthier takeaway options out there if you discount the mayo and, I'm assuming, chilli sauce.

Don't worry, I'm not going to ask for calorie content in anything else.

I don't have MyFitnessPal yet, though I am planning on doing so but could anyone tell me roughly how many calories would be in a standard large chicken and shish kebab, with salad, garlic mayo and chilli sauce? I'm guessing it must be one of the healthier takeaway options out there if you discount the mayo and, I'm assuming, chilli sauce.

Don't worry, I'm not going to ask for calorie content in anything else.

MFP reckons about 450 in a large chicken shish.

Do any off you macho men go out on the piss at the weekend? Want to go out with the lads for the match tomorrow but doubt i'll bother as I would feel the need to drink. Been reading on various sites that hard liquor and diet pop is the best bet but still crippling to a diet. I haven't had a sup for a while now so I would be rat arsed by half time if I went on jd and coke. I believe if I did go out I wouldn't touch any junk food either.

Is it just a case of cutting down calories during the week then having a whopping intake for a day on the drink, or carry on with my 1500 calories a day then hit exercise hard the day after the next? Im being scaremongered by some articles that say you can undo a whole weeks hard work by going on one bender. :confused:

Do any off you macho men go out on the piss at the weekend? Want to go out with the lads for the match tomorrow but doubt i'll bother as I would feel the need to drink. Been reading on various sites that hard liquor and diet pop is the best bet but still crippling to a diet. I haven't had a sup for a while now so I would be rat arsed by half time if I went on jd and coke. I believe if I did go out I wouldn't touch any junk food either.

Is it just a case of cutting down calories during the week then having a whopping intake for a day on the drink, or carry on with my 1500 calories a day then hit exercise hard the day after the next? Im being scaremongered by some articles that say you can undo a whole weeks hard work by going on one bender. :confused:

In all seriousness, it depends on what you want to get out of it. If you want to get stronger then a heavy intake of beer once ever so often isn't going to be terrible. If you want to get lean, obviously it's a stupid idea and you should have gin if you want to drink (vodka is rank).

In all seriousness, it depends on what you want to get out of it. If you want to get stronger then a heavy intake of beer once ever so often isn't going to be terrible. If you want to get lean, obviously it's a stupid idea and you should have gin if you want to drink (vodka is rank).
Thanks again matey.

Does anyone have any tips for improving my ability to do leg raises. Supposed to be able to do 50 but never get past 30.
Like most exercises, more leg raises will make you better at leg raises. There's loads of variations of movements to strengthen your middle though.

Does anywhere in Sunderland sell liquid chalk? Coming off the back of a back injury and going to deadlift today but got none of the fucker

Looking for advice on behalf of my girlfriend (no...well maybe depending on the advice). She has signed up to do a 24 hour hill walk across the Lake District next year to raise funds for the charity Mind, so needs to get in shape for it. She is a healthy weight already but just needs to get fit. She's been told to expect a lot of hard climbing and that it takes a good bit of prep. Can anyone recommend an easy to follow gym routine for her? I'm thinking a mixture of cardio and strength with a focus on the legs and core but I know nowt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back