Questions/Talk that doesn't warrant a new thread, thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been offered a new job and handed in my resignation this morning. At the moment I commute 1 hour each way and my new job is in Dundee so a short bus journey is all I have to worry about. This, I hope, will give me the chance to get back into gym-going for the first time in 2 and a half years (especially as my new job gives me a discount at the university gym).

I won't be starting my new job until October (look at me, I'm important enough to have an 8 week notice period etc) and I'll probably have a few weeks to find out how my job works etc before I join the gym but I'm looking into it already.

I'll probably go 3 lunchtimes a week. If I'm flexi-time I can do an hour, if not just 45mins or so. I really enjoyed Stronglifts last time I did the gym thing regularly, is this still a good programme to do? I found that I could fit that in to 45 minutes relatively easily until the weights got really heavy so it's a good starter I guess.

I've been offered a new job and handed in my resignation this morning. At the moment I commute 1 hour each way and my new job is in Dundee so a short bus journey is all I have to worry about. This, I hope, will give me the chance to get back into gym-going for the first time in 2 and a half years (especially as my new job gives me a discount at the university gym).

I won't be starting my new job until October (look at me, I'm important enough to have an 8 week notice period etc) and I'll probably have a few weeks to find out how my job works etc before I join the gym but I'm looking into it already.

I'll probably go 3 lunchtimes a week. If I'm flexi-time I can do an hour, if not just 45mins or so. I really enjoyed Stronglifts last time I did the gym thing regularly, is this still a good programme to do? I found that I could fit that in to 45 minutes relatively easily until the weights got really heavy so it's a good starter I guess.
That Mehdi fella always bangs on about stronglifts being 45 minutes long but it's bollocks. If you rest 3 mins per set, that's 45 minutes just resting. Add on the warm up sets and a bit of a stretch and that's at least 1hr15.

I've switched to 531 which i'm enjoying more, can be done quicker too.

That Mehdi fella always bangs on about stronglifts being 45 minutes long but it's bollocks. If you rest 3 mins per set, that's 45 minutes just resting. Add on the warm up sets and a bit of a stretch and that's at least 1hr15.

I made absolutely no progress using that and even got a bit worse with my squat.

Had to pay Titus off here to sort me out (which he did, very well!).

I'm not a fan tbh but loads of people are.

Anyone know how on MFP I can be over my protein, carbs and fats in grams but 200 cals under my cal target!?

Anyone know how on MFP I can be over my protein, carbs and fats in grams but 200 cals under my cal target!?

Does MFP automatically calculate calorie content of foods based on the macro input? If not, one/some of the foods you've logged may have incorrect calorie content input for some reason

I fed this data into my batman crime calculating computer and also checked with Sherlock.

We deduce that your new job is at .....

DUNDEE UNIVERSITY

Are we even close to solving this dastardly crime???????

Does MFP automatically calculate calorie content of foods based on the macro input? If not, one/some of the foods you've logged may have incorrect calorie content input for some reason
It calculates your cal needs from your macro input (in grams) but it seems the actual food data doesn't. The thing that threw me off yesterday was 250g of Asda Maris Piper potatoes. MFP had the cal and macro split as 225 cals / 14.8g fat / 74.8g carb / 9.2g protein - which obviously doesn't add up. Summit to watch out for.

When I am limited to 45-60 mins I switch from 5x5 to 3x5 and usually fit 3 different compound exercises into that time. I need up to 5 mins rest on occasion but usually 90 seconds to 3 mins

Lads, I need help.

I'm f***ing sick of the same routine. I currently attend a 'bootcamp' type gym which is full of fat old women and chunky blokes. It is specifically aimed at weight loss, as all they do on their facebook group is show pictures of people with a certificate showing how much they lose each week. Their diet is basically chicken/fish with broccolli.

Now, I want something different, but have never done any form of 'proper' weight training. Most of it has been in commerical gyms, probably using machines incorrectly and doing myself a load of mischief. I've read up on Pure Gym and their ilk but it doesnt really appeal to me.

I want to remain relatively fit, but also cut down on body weight and try and build some lean muscle.

Make me a plan. Go on.

Lads, I need help.

I'm f***ing sick of the same routine. I currently attend a 'bootcamp' type gym which is full of fat old women and chunky blokes. It is specifically aimed at weight loss, as all they do on their facebook group is show pictures of people with a certificate showing how much they lose each week. Their diet is basically chicken/fish with broccolli.

Now, I want something different, but have never done any form of 'proper' weight training. Most of it has been in commerical gyms, probably using machines incorrectly and doing myself a load of mischief. I've read up on Pure Gym and their ilk but it doesnt really appeal to me.

I want to remain relatively fit, but also cut down on body weight and try and build some lean muscle.

Make me a plan. Go on.
Starting strength
StrongLifts
Greyskull lp

Lads, I need help.

Make me a plan. Go on.
Bill starrs big 3. If you give me your email I'll send you a template.

I take it you're from cramlington? Find a decent gym I your area you can attend regular, get a few PT sessions to teach you to do compound movements comfortably by yourself and off you go.

Bill starrs big 3. If you give me your email I'll send you a template.

I take it you're from cramlington? Find a decent gym I your area you can attend regular, get a few PT sessions to teach you to do compound movements comfortably by yourself and off you go.

Thanks mate, I'll PM you.

Edit just tried and you're full.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back