RAWA Questions For The Club/Owners

which then creates the endless rumour mill that it’s dodgy etc
There’s something fishy about it but I have no idea what

Agreed. I don't understand the need for secrecy. I can only imagine there's an intention to become shareholders (either in SAFC or Madrox) in the future or else I can't see what is in it for FPP, but even if it's just an intention and might change (i.e. they might just walk away later) I don't see why they can't simply announce that. Otherwise as you say the void gets filled by conspiracy theories and uncertainty. Are we still looking for investors? This money is great for this season but what is their plans beyond that because we'll likely need more investment regardless of what league we're in. Simply saying FPP are on board and might be more involved as we progress would satisfy a lot of that without giving any specific confidential information, not sure why they would object to that.

What is the answer then? I'm not sitting through an hour of waffle to get to the nitty gritty.
CM said that it wasn’t his place to answer that question and that the question should be directed to the investors themselves. They will then decide if they wish to answer it, which they are under no obligation to do

@Ghandi Floss In the recent RR podcast CM mentioned he has been in contact with Sunderland council regarding Sheepfolds re-development (I would assume about the Stadium park plans and development) - could you ask what stage these plans are at and what the proposals are? In addition is a foot bridge still been proposed from the VAUX development?

@Ghandi Floss In the recent RR podcast CM mentioned he has been in contact with Sunderland council regarding Sheepfolds re-development (I would assume about the Stadium park plans and development) - could you ask what stage these plans are at and what the proposals are? In addition is a foot bridge still been proposed from the VAUX development?
This has next to bugger all to do with the football club mind.

It's clear parts of the current fan base, who have backed the club to the hilt since you took over, are growing tired of performances and results. It's probably safe to say that as things stand, we face a large reduction in attendances next year, especially if we dont go up.

Is the club fully aware of the mood of many of our support, and if so, what do they plan to do to get people back onside?

No. He should be pressed on the issue as it is likely to be critical to the future of the football club which we support.

Don’t see any point whatsoever asking him what he’s just been asked again as he’s clearly just going to say the same again

You may not like the answer but all the pressing in the world won’t change a thing imo

Following last year where it was stated by SD that transparency with the fan base was important, and I make particular reference to an apparent loan made to Madrox Ltd by Sunderland AFC circa £10-15M, as mentioned on a Roker Rapport podcast last season, why have you now apparently distanced yourself from the fan-base and the so-called important transparency, again particularly in respect of the financial circumstances around recent investment to Madrox / the Club by FPP, citing that Madrox is a limited company separate to the club and is essentially none of our (the fans) business, as commented by CM on a recent Roker Rapport podcast. As supporters we would argue that whilst Madrox apparently owes the club money, this is of interest of all parties and requires some level of clarification rather than the seemingly patronising tone taken up by Mr Methven.

In follow-up to this question, should we (the fans) be concerned that SD and indeed other directors at Madrox Ltd have lost interest in Sunderland AFC, as it appears they may have done, or as he is a major shareholder in Madrox limited, is this also now none of our business.

Cheers.

Don’t see any point whatsoever asking him what he’s just been asked again as he’s clearly just going to say the same again

You may not like the answer but all the pressing in the world won’t change a thing imo
Let's just give up then and let Stew and Charlie run our club into the ground without challenging their stewardship.

Back