RAWA Questions For The Club/Owners

Bizarre, it’s like he reads this forum....
Ask for months with no reply, hoyed on the smb and within weeks hey presto.

Or am I being cynical I’m my increasing age

Tactics.
@Cack Stottie

Browse through this thread. There’s some questions amongst this thread you could use to ask Charlie which the fans want answering.

That’s the whole point of this thread. To garner questions the fans would like answering at the next RAWA/club meeting.

Last edited:
That’s the whole point of this thread. To garner questions the fans would like answering at the next RAWA/club meeting.
I was thinking more in regards to the Roker Podcast Charlie’s going to be on this week.

Some good questions in this thread Cack Stottie could use.

1) Can you not have a happy medium and open a bit more of the ground up for cup games, especially Saturday FA Cup ones?

At least then the vocal support have somewhere to congregate and it feels more of an event.

2) Could we have a voluntary email distribution list on ticket updates? (Perhaps there is one and I've ticked a box somewhere refusing them, ignore if so). I have missed away deadlines and that Checkatrade freebie as I don't do daily visits to safc.com.

3) Can the old Wear on our Way travel pass be revisited? Even if I had to pay double the old £20 contribution I'd go for it. NUFC still have one as far as I'm aware.

The wear on our way travel pass has been mentioned by Charlie in the past it wasn’t well used and cost the club money

We’re having our reps meeting this evening, before club meeting on the 21st.
Might be a good opportunity to hit us with any follow up questions after listening to the RR podcast, or any other queries?
I’m busy compiling them today.

Might be a good opportunity to hit us with any follow up questions after listening to the RR podcast, or any other queries?
Methven made reference to Manchester City many times when justifying our performance at age group level - referencing their massive relative spending power. However the fact is that 7 of the teams in our u23 division are from outside the premier league. An additional 2 teams were only promoted this past summer. So, given that the disparity is not as pronounced as he stated - and we aren’t currently seeing any u23s knocking at the door of the first team to satisfy the development aspect of the function - what are the club going to do to improve performance in the next 12-18 months?

Why did they give an ageing Grant Leadbitter such a long contract? Did they not learn anything after the Cattermole fiasco?
Something like that is very easy to say in hindsight. Experienced pros have proven very useful time and time again in successful football sides. Dean Whitehead for instance helped Huddersfield to promotion to the Premier League when he was about 35. Cattermole was our best player last season. Lots of people like to think McGeady is the best player in the League and he's 33.

Personally, I wasn't sure about signing him as I didn't think he was what we needed, and it's plain to see recruitment has been nowt short of a shambles. That said, I don't think Leadbitter should be singled out as the most damning example of that.
Mak sure mine's in there please. ;)

CM bristled at mention of SD's self imposed exile when asked about it in the RR pod. Can someone ask him who, in SD's continued absence, will be communicating to the fans information regarding footballing matters. One of the encouraging things in the early days of the current owners tenure, was their willingness to be very open and honest, in fact supporters of other clubs remarked upon it, citing it as a welcome and refreshing development. Has this refreshing transparency now been consigned to the scrap heap on the back of what CM himself admits is a tiny percentage of social media crackerjacks?

Can you chase them up on improved wheelchair access in BCB and Quinnys? Any concrete plans?? Also when are they going to sort out season cards for wheelchair users in BCB? November now and still they cant give me a functioning card...

Did Parkinson’s experience at Hull and Charlton not concern them? Charlie spoke at length on the RR pod about how we couldn’t judge his Bolton time properly because of their financial situation however he seemed to have similar struggles at Charlton & Hull.

did the strategic plan drawn up initially factor in 3 seasons in league 1? If so what provisions have been made?

What is the benefit to SAFC of the new "investment" of circa £10m? Is it part of a tidy up exercise to make the club more attractive pre takeover?

Now the honeymoon period is over is a new approach required to communicate with the 98% of fans who would like to voice constructive concerns about our current position, the apparent short term demise of the club, and the lack of a competitive side in league 1? OR do we need to revise our expectations?

What are the current owners long term plans? And are SAFC hitting the targets within those plans?

Thank you.

did the strategic plan drawn up initially factor in 3 seasons in league 1? If so what provisions have been made?

What is the benefit to SAFC of the new "investment" of circa £10m? Is it part of a tidy up exercise to make the club more attractive pre takeover?

Now the honeymoon period is over is a new approach required to communicate with the 98% of fans who would like to voice constructive concerns about our current position, the apparent short term demise of the club, and the lack of a competitive side in league 1? OR do we need to revise our expectations?

What are the current owners long term plans? And are SAFC hitting the targets within those plans?

Thank you.

Frustratingly enough the bit about the investment is the one thing that everyone is desperate to hear more about (your first question is very pertinent too) but he's shut down questions on it repeatedly so I doubt it will be asked and, if it is, we know exactly what the answer will be

Frustratingly enough the bit about the investment is the one thing that everyone is desperate to hear more about (your first question is very pertinent too) but he's shut down questions on it repeatedly so I doubt it will be asked and, if it is, we know exactly what the answer will be

which then creates the endless rumour mill that it’s dodgy etc
There’s something fishy about it but I have no idea what

I've just finished listening to the podcast. I couldn't really find a lot of fault with anything either he or Reid had to say - if owt I was quite appeased by much of it.

However...

When asked what FFP's intentions and motivations, Charlie answered "ask them". Now I dunno about anyone else, but I haven't got these lads on Whatsapp to do just that. So with that in mind could he not ask on our behalf?

A more pertinent question to "just ask" however, is given Charlie's admission at a recent Q&A that he and Donald are not wealthy enough to run this club beyond League 1, the fact that the past 17 months has essentially been an exercise in "cutting the fat" whilst courting investment, and this new investment is going to be vital towards the capital expenditure of the football club, does he really believe taking on Sunderland AFC was a responsible thing to do given the weight of history and expectation at the club?

Last edited:

Back