Question Thor'd from 5live football phone in.

I'd choose a run of the mill league game on Saturday afternoon at Roker Park. Probably the time I sat with Davy Dowell and he had the cheek to tell me to stop getting carried away. :lol: This from the lad who celebrated goals by jumping onto the frame of the lattice work of the Main Stand!
Good shout this. I'd like to experience being a 10yr old again, watching the match from the roker end with my dad and brother. Used to get the metro from Whitley bay to North Shields, ferry, then bus. It was an all day event and really special times.

My first game, September 1990, one nil defeat to liverpool. The excitement walking to the ground from the seafront with the noise growing as we got closer. Great place roker park, would definitely like to experience that again.

It’s a good job that was a dead game because the referee had a shocker that day for us! I think it Was 2-2 and should have been 4-0 if he got his decisions right.
Man Utd in the League Cup Semi Final 2014

true enough like,think the game was secondary because of the party atmosphere

Richardson's free kick that nearly put the goal in the stands. That game vs the mags. Our first home win against them in forever. Felt like being in a washing machine going through a tornado when we scored that free kick.
That or the unreal win Vs Chelsea that was just on YouTube.

Back