Question Thor'd from 5live football phone in.

If you could reattend any match, which would it be?

For me it would be Everton when we stayed up, relegating the mags at the same time.

Funny as it all went about as South as it could but walking back to the car will stick with me.
Watford,last game of that season was canny,brilliant day

Newcastle 0-3 Sunderland under Poyet.

Absolutely battered them, dominated them from the start of the game and they were lucky it was only 3.

The 0-1 was better due to how it happened, but in terms of a full game the 0-3 was superb

absolute belter that night was, in front,behind, level,then that GOAL,unforgettable

At 2-2, my Dad said to me that we need Carlos Edwards to pull another screamer out of the bag and then 5 minutes later he did just that.

I was 18, and back up for the match from uni and remember being hammered in the old Independent/Bar 36 singing Keano to Hey Jude in there. Town was buzzing.

I'd choose a run of the mill league game on Saturday afternoon at Roker Park. Probably the time I sat with Davy Dowell and he had the cheek to tell me to stop getting carried away. :lol: This from the lad who celebrated goals by jumping onto the frame of the lattice work of the Main Stand!
He was a great fella, was Davy.
He had the time of day for just about anybody.
I spent many happy pre seasons around Europe, with him and the lads.

If you could reattend any match, which would it be?

For me it would be Everton when we stayed up, relegating the mags at the same time.

Funny as it all went about as South as it could but walking back to the car will stick with me.
Waiting for that coming on Safcee. Missed the Chelsea and Everton games, on hols in Tenerife. Just watched the Chelsea game there on safcee. Cracking atmosphere, got goose pimples when Defoe put that winner in. Odd when Borini equalised, all our bench dancing all over, Kone who had been subbed injured not a smile on his face, no elation just sitting with his hands in his pockets.

Last edited:

Back