Question re Cokin Fliters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got all my gear in Hong Kong, I was young and gullible (perhaps) I listened to the guy who was selling to me and bought on the strength of what he told me. (I had done some research first but was upgrading from an Olympus trip, and didn't know that much about lenses etc). So I bought skylights for the lenses. To be fair to the guy though everything sold to me is still going well 28 years later. Probably need to give the camera a clean now, and I put a new strap on it last year as the old one was so rank it was embarrassing to use.

That sounds like my kinda gear :lol:

People always say buy the best you can afford.
But to quote Ansel Adams "The most important part of a camera is the twelve inches behind it"
As my income is now decided by George Osborne the amount of surplus I have to spend doesn't amount to a great amount .
Hence cheap Kood filters, a step up from a 40p welding lens covered with plastic.

Feel free to comment on or criticise my first effort with my extravagant new purchase.
My only comment is that the Rock looks a little blurred but I put that down to a couple of hundred yards of mist between it and the camera
That's my excuse anyhow.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/picture.php?albumid=302&pictureid=1659

People always say buy the best you can afford.
But to quote Ansel Adams "The most important part of a camera is the twelve inches behind it"
As my income is now decided by George Osborne the amount of surplus I have to spend doesn't amount to a great amount .
Hence cheap Kood filters, a step up from a 40p welding lens covered with plastic.

Feel free to comment on or criticise my first effort with my extravagant new purchase.
My only comment is that the Rock looks a little blurred but I put that down to a couple of hundred yards of mist between it and the camera
That's my excuse anyhow.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/picture.php?albumid=302&pictureid=1659

Not where this is concerned they don't

And my mother is always banging on about why people don't buy all their food at Marks and Spencers :lol:

Hence cheap Kood filters

Ironically, when I tested out ND Grads last year the Koods came out as the most neutral of the three despite being the cheapest so they're not to be scoffed at. Their less than robust manufacture counts against them but being tissue thin means that they don't suffer from abberration half as badly as Hi-Techs or Cokins. Look after them and they'll serve you well but keep them in a soft cloth pouch. They abrade very easily.

OK, I've been trying to buy some Lee filters but I can't get them for love nor money around here.

Nearest stockists are in Dallas and they're all out. Even B&H don't have them.

OK, I've been trying to buy some Lee filters but I can't get them for love nor money around here.

Nearest stockists are in Dallas and they're all out. Even B&H don't have them.

Not a surprise...best you can do really is place the order with them and endure the 2-3 month wait! Maybe placing it in UK would be slightly quicker...

Even I can't speed it up :neutral:

It has gone a little bit beyond a joke, and they really need this China thing to work

Yep, I would use Robert White if ordering from UK, G

You should avoid the VAT too. Still the wait though

Worth waiting for

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back