Question on redundancy

everyone seems to suggest a redundancy lumpa is great news, but that's only the case if you can find another job fairly quickly otherwise it wont last long

I'd be off like a shot if someone would give me one year's salary tax free, never mind two!!

I'm only currently entitled to about 26 weeks pay tax free if my role is made redundant.

Just a tad. 2 years money of which £30 grand tax free definitely gives you time to knock out a CV or 2. With 23 years as a health care professional in the bag, I would hope the lad manages to pick something up relatively quickly, after mebbes taking a few weeks off to recharge his batteries.
A long holiday is required

I got 3 weeks a year with 17 years service a couple years back and a little top up on top.

paid for a new kitchen and a load of building work on the house. Had no more than a couple month off work. can be a blessing in disguise sometimes

ive seen loads of people do well out of it over the years. obviously if you work for a really small or shitty company where its not generous i can see how it could be very different like.

I'd be off like a shot if someone would give me one year's salary tax free, never mind two!!

I'm only currently entitled to about 26 weeks pay tax free if my role is made redundant.

i think it can be demotivating in some ways because people see it as "if you want to keep paying me, fine, if you want to give me a massive lumper, fine". puts people in a massive comfort zone like

A few of my friends were made redundant. Horrible at the time but all of them got sorted with new jobs hat they like even more. The tax free chunk went on mortgage in some cases, holidays or cars in others, invested in othrrs. One lad bought a nice electric piano that he had always wanted. Practised like a bastard, every eveninfir 20 mins, for 2 years. He is now in a band and plays regular evening gigs - picking up ladies and being paid to do something he enjoys.

See if you can convince them to chuck the rest into pension. In the long run that will be a massive saving for you.
Very common both cynically and practically.

Pfizer got rid of loads of people and then had a skill shortage to get the work done. Several came back as contractors on triple their wage. Different budget and all about head counts.

Do they cap it, or would you end up with 30+ months pay?

Public sector, it's a different world. Huge pensions and they usually take VR just before they'd retire anyway. No shareholders required to fund it all though..

I'm just jealous.

What do you consider as a huge pension for interests sake?

I think when that was negotiated there wasnt the expectation for large chunks of public sector to be binned and them having to pay it.

Hasnt podiatry been hit massively across the board with other peripheral services. Not sure whereabouts they expect the service to come from mind. Will see more people wandering round with manky feet no doubt requiring surgery in the end.

This.

I'm personally in a good position (if it goes through). Generous pay out. I work 2 days a week in another trust and they have offered me another. Plan to go private for the other 2 days. Plenty of private work out there with given all the cuts. Win win for me but not the poor tax paying patients. System is buggered.

Enjoy your redundancy but I'd prefer the NHS kept you in work.
TBH me too.

Private sector IT, redundant this month. My redundancy multiplier is 1.2 weeks salary for every years service, so you've got a good deal there.

Very common both cynically and practically.

Pfizer got rid of loads of people and then had a skill shortage to get the work done. Several came back as contractors on triple their wage. Different budget and all about head counts.
Same story at my site. Now working with same folk I used to work with, 4yrs after they were picking up nearly €100k each redundancy (8wks for every year worked here). All walked into another job weeks after leaving, like picking up a small lottery win...

Had the misfortune of making people redundant. We gave them the minimum of 1 week for each year.

This was capped at the statutory level. In today's money £489 per week.

Had people thinking they were going to collect 12k and they got less than half.

The OP's offer sounds awesome!

If you worked for your employer for 4 years, but a year of that was on a casual basis, I.e. you worked 9-5 like everyone else but it was just on a pay monthly basis rather than a salary, would you get any credit at all for that when it comes to redundancy payment and length of service or would it just be from when the contract officially started?

If you worked for your employer for 4 years, but a year of that was on a casual basis, I.e. you worked 9-5 like everyone else but it was just on a pay monthly basis rather than a salary, would you get any credit at all for that when it comes to redundancy payment and length of service or would it just be from when the contract officially started?
Tough one that, I don’t know the answer but how were you employed but not on payroll?

Back