Question for Roger

@Roger out of interest, does the club ever make requests to you, to hand over the names of posters who have posted controversial stuff, either for undue slagging of the club or making up erroneous rumours?

If they do, have you ever given anyone up (I won't judge :) ), who say for example... may have posted something libellous..?

No, I haven't been proper nawty! :)

No they never have done. They will know the data protection rules well, and would need a court order to get this. In any case, we don’t collect real names of posters as part of registration, so it isn’t information we hold in the first place.

No they never have done. They will know the data protection rules well, and would need a court order to get this. In any case, we don’t collect real names of posters as part of registration, so it isn’t information we hold in the first place.
Fair enough, cheers for responding mate.

Incidentally, I'd say email addresses 9 times out of 10 would contain peoples real names. I know mine does.

I'm not 100% sure but I think it would need to be a court order rather than a request from the police?

Thats not really true anymore since the RIPA legislation. In reality it only requires a senior officer to sign the relevant paperwork. Our data protection registration also states that we may share info with the Police.
Fair enough, cheers for responding mate.

Incidentally, I'd say email addresses 9 times out of 10 would contain peoples real names. I know mine does.

Oh right, I didn’t realise your real name was safc1973 ;)

Last edited:
Thats not really true anymore since the RIPA legislation. In reality it only requires a senior officer to sign the relevant paperwork. Our data protection registration also states that we may share info with the Police.

Oh right, I didn’t realise your real name was safc1973 ;)
😂 don't tell anyone...

just been reading the sticky about using a ‘fixed’ isp provided email address. Is that something you still insist upon?

just been reading the sticky about using a ‘fixed’ isp provided email address. Is that something you still insist upon?

I would say "encourage" rather than insist upon these days.

If your registration comes from the same IP address as someone recently banned, or locates to Newcastle, India, Turkey, Russia, Vietnam etc you stand a far better chance of being approved if you use a non gmail/hotmail/outlook or any other "disposable" email address.

Given that loads of people share the same IP address these days as they are frequently re-allocated or consolidated via a proxy for mobile devices there is a fair chance that your ip address will be shared with someone else!

Your chances of being approved also improve if you don't use an anonymous proxy for registration.

I would say "encourage" rather than insist upon these days.

If your registration comes from the same IP address as someone recently banned, or locates to Newcastle, India, Turkey, Russia, Vietnam etc you stand a far better chance of being approved if you use a non gmail/hotmail/outlook or any other "disposable" email address.

Given that loads of people share the same IP address these days as they are frequently re-allocated or consolidated via a proxy for mobile devices there is a fair chance that your ip address will be shared with someone else!

Your chances of being approved also improve if you don't use an anonymous proxy for registration.

Cheers Roger. I changed my email address to an outlook one some time ago - just like most of my personal stuff, as it makes it less of an issue when you shift broadband provider. Was planning on becoming a ‘contributor’ on here but didn’t want to draw attention to myself if that email rule was still strictly for enforced

Back