Question for Roger

dcl0sc

Striker
@Roger out of interest, does the club ever make requests to you, to hand over the names of posters who have posted controversial stuff, either for undue slagging of the club or making up erroneous rumours?

If they do, have you ever given anyone up (I won't judge :) ), who say for example... may have posted something libellous..?

No, I haven't been proper nawty! :)

@Roger out of interest, does the club ever make requests to you, to hand over the names of posters who have posted controversial stuff, either for undue slagging of the club or making up erroneous rumours?

If they do, have you ever given anyone up (I won't judge :) ), who say for example... may have posted something libellous..?

No, I haven't been proper nawty! :)

Here we gan
All nighters for this one

Or thread deleted in 5

I reckon someone at the club may look at the forum.... But no way whatsoever would they ask the admin for names etc.... Can you imagine how much bad publicity that would bring to the club.....

I reckon someone at the club may look at the forum.... But no way whatsoever would they ask the admin for names etc.... Can you imagine how much bad publicity that would bring to the club.....

Didn't George Reynolds when he was chairman at Darlo went round to someone's house who criticised him on a message board & offered him out or something similar

Didn't George Reynolds when he was chairman at Darlo went round to someone's house who criticised him on a message board & offered him out or something similar
I can remember the boxer and ex Birmingham footballer Curtis Woodhouse going round a twitter trolls house after he lost a fight. The troll shit himself 😂

Last edited by a moderator:
There are data protection rules and laws that mean it wouldn't be possible for a website to give out user information like that.

An admin on an nufc forum gave out my details, about 12 years ago. He thought it was highly amusing.

I'd made the mistake of registering with my business e mail address.

I'm not 100% sure but I think it would need to be a court order rather than a request from the police?
If an offence has been reported they can get powers to investigate I think. I’ve known strategy investigations for child protection, hate crime , terrorism etc and the police do it. Maybe it needs a sign off of some kind.

An admin on an nufc forum gave out my details, about 12 years ago. He thought it was highly amusing.

I'd made the mistake of registering with my business e mail address.
GDPR coming in made the rules on the data anyone can hold, let alone share, much more strict, but even 12 year ago they should have been hammered for sharing information like that.

Back