Question for any mortgage advisor

danielsan

Midfield
Other than the CeMAP, what’s the hardest part of becoming a mortgage advisor or the thing you weren’t aware of before being one?

Any major struggles after the qualification that you thought would have been good knowledge prior to the job.

Cheers in advance.

Other than the CeMAP, what’s the hardest part of becoming a mortgage advisor or the thing you weren’t aware of before being one?

Any major struggles after the qualification that you thought would have been good knowledge prior to the job.

Cheers in advance.

My wife was previously a MA for a local bank.

CEMAP qualification wasn’t too hard to get. It’s the ongoing use of it so you are constantly up to date with legislation and compliance which can be a problem if you are not already in that role or similar.

Cheers in advance.
Are you going to work for a broker or a bank/building society?

Don’t know why it came as such a shock, but I wasn’t quite prepared for people to lie to me on a daily basis about their finances.

Don’t know why it came as such a shock, but I wasn’t quite prepared for people to lie to me on a daily basis about their finances.

It’s a long story, just trying to get idea of the best preparation for the job.

Cheers the the reply though.

My wife was previously a MA for a local bank.

CEMAP qualification wasn’t too hard to get. It’s the ongoing use of it so you are constantly up to date with legislation and compliance which can be a problem if you are not already in that role or similar.

Cheers

Many moons ago I was a a mortgage underwriter for a sub prime lender. Their self cert mortgages attracted some absolute belters. Got a piece of paper ripped from a notebook with 'I am a pilot, I earn £100k a year' scribbled in marker pen on it. We accepted it.:lol:

Back