Question About Sunderland Veterans’ Walk

Tex

Striker
My brother just asked me about this as I haven‘t a scooby.
He says he heard about a Veterans’ Walk to honour past and present forces members and you can get their name on a tile (a bit like getting a brick on the SoL!)
Anyone know where this is and how you go about getting a tile, cost etc? Interested in it for the ol’ fella who was a pilot in WWII. Cheers.

He says he heard about a Veterans’ Walk to honour past and present forces members and you can get their name on a tile (a bit like getting a brick on the SoL!)
Anyone know where this is and how you go about getting a tile, cost etc? Interested in it for the ol’ fella who was a pilot in WWII. Cheers.
Mowbray Park I assume?

It's at the war memorial in Mowbray Park.
Chance to make your mark on Sunderland’s Veterans’ Walk as pathway reaches milestone

Welcome to The Veterans' Walk - Veterans' Walk
Need to get a few more details from my cousin, thinking about getting one for my great uncle, my nana's brother on my dad's side.
Fallen Heroes of Normandy | Detail

If you are standing on Burdon road looking at the war memorial, go in the park entrance to the left (towards the winter gardens) and it is to your immediate right directly behind the war memorial wall.

They are granite slabs and look class, there £250 each. Was talking to one of the lads who organise it recently and he was saying there is loads who book on and give all the details but forget to pay! So they don’t engrave or lay anything until payment. I think the cut off point for this phase is around mid November. don't know how to post a pic from my PC or I would.

If you are standing on Burdon road looking at the war memorial, go in the park entrance to the left (towards the winter gardens) and it is to your immediate right directly behind the war memorial wall.

They are granite slabs and look class, there £250 each. Was talking to one of the lads who organise it recently and he was saying there is loads who book on and give all the details but forget to pay! So they don’t engrave or lay anything until payment. I think the cut off point for this phase is around mid November. don't know how to post a pic from my PC or I would.
Cheers matey. I’ve canvassed my siblings and I think we're going in on this. Be nice to have a wander over there whenever I’m next home and see the ol’ fella’s plaque.

Back