Quayside Newcastle

Newcastle Quayside Travelodge. Right on the quayside, next door to Gino's and InnSide, about 10 secs away from that is quayside Wetherspoon's and then various other bars

https://maps.app.tracking code removed/b7UBzZKngHMfYMxc9

Just get so pissed you don't mind collapsing and sleeping on the side of the road, or for somewhere off the beaten track, Dog Leap Stairs, just make sure you don't fall in the Tyne :)

Looking to go for a night on the razzle up Newcastle Quayside in a few weeks time and need some decent hotel recommendations. So far I've looked at the Crown Plaza, Hampton Hilton and The County Hotel but wanted to see if there's anywhere else before I go ahead and book.

Need to be within walking distance to bars / restaurants.

Smb work your magic.

Depends entirely on your budget. Personally the I'd go for the Meliá which has just opened on the Quayside. I used to live next to it.

Alternately Roomzzz is decent. I personally wouldn't recommend any other hotels.

Crown Plaza I am personally not a fan of... I'd place the two hotels I've mentioned higher than their and I imagine they'll be much cheaper too and slightly better located

Bogs in The County Hotel are excellent for a luxuriant early morning poo even if you aren't staying there.

Beats Starbucks or Central Station if you've had a strong curry the night before, anyways.

Hope this helps.

Melia hotel is spot on, stayed twice this year. Modern, rooms are lovely and a good breakfast the next day plus right next door to spoons if the hotel bar prices shock you.

Last edited:
Go on hotels.com and do a search, they normally do free cancellation in case plans change…

InnSide is a new hotel down near copthorne that looks decent as well

Depends what sort of night on the razzle you’re having surely? If it’s with the lads, I’ve no idea why you’d want to fork out for somewhere like the Vermont or Hilton. Only need somewhere basic with a bed bog and shower for that. If it’s with a lass then fair enough you’d want somewhere a bit better.

it's alright but newer and better hotels were mentioned on here than Hilton.

what date are you looking for? and I'll take a look

I appreciate it thanks.

Wednesday 29th December just one night. Preferably breakfast included
Depends what sort of night on the razzle you’re having surely? If it’s with the lads, I’ve no idea why you’d want to fork out for somewhere like the Vermont or Hilton. Only need somewhere basic with a bed bog and shower for that. If it’s with a lass then fair enough you’d want somewhere a bit better.

Going with our lass so rather something a bit nicer than travelodge etc.

Back