Quayside Newcastle

Are you a retired professional living on the ouseburn though?

I generally would ever go in for food upstairs which is superb.

I know what you mean by the clientele mind. I remember once popping in on a Sunday afternoon when out for a walk and it's exactly as you described :lol:

I generally would ever go in for food upstairs which is superb.

I know what you mean by the clientele mind. I remember once popping in on a Sunday afternoon when out for a walk and it's exactly as you described :lol:
I couldnt stop people watching. I was taken aback.

Their courtyard is mental too, looking out onto peoples flats and balconys and offices only meters away.

I couldnt stop people watching. I was taken aback.

Their courtyard is mental too, looking out onto peoples flats and balconys and offices only meters away.

Aye it's a hidden little spot out there when it gets busy during the Summer and you can't be arsed to queue for a spot outside By the River

Top tip on By the River when it's busy in the summer, is if you're out in a group and people are getting there early. Just get them to go in first before the queue and hold a table. Then when the queues start you can just skip the queue altogether.

See Zerox is opening up down the Quayside next week. Used to go in the one up the station regularly. Taking over what used to be Popollo (when it moved down there) / Emporium / Long Play Cafe etc.

Aye it's a hidden little spot out there when it gets busy during the Summer and you can't be arsed to queue for a spot outside By the River

Top tip on By the River when it's busy in the summer, is if you're out in a group and people are getting there early. Just get them to go in first before the queue and hold a table. Then when the queues start you can just skip the queue altogether.

See Zerox is opening up down the Quayside next week. Used to go in the one up the station regularly. Taking over what used to be Popollo (when it moved down there) / Emporium / Long Play Cafe etc.
Whatever happened to the waterline? Used to love it in there!

Saw it changed but even that looked shut the last few times I was down????

It's still open as far as I am aware. It was called the Jolly Fisherman on the Quay after the Waterline and before it became a Tomahawk.

Still has that written on the side.

One of the lads from work went to Tomahawk for Sunday Lunch. Ordered his food and drinks, brought the drinks but food never arrived. Then after an hour of waiting the staff came over asking if they were ready to settle the bill....when queried with the fact that they hadn't had their food yet, there was panic as the kitchen had closed for Sunday lunch and were just back to their normal menu.

Looking to go for a night on the razzle up Newcastle Quayside in a few weeks time and need some decent hotel recommendations. So far I've looked at the Crown Plaza, Hampton Hilton and The County Hotel but wanted to see if there's anywhere else before I go ahead and book.

Need to be within walking distance to bars / restaurants.

Smb work your magic.
Inside by melia perfect spot brand new hotel

Back