Quality over quantity

garyeaststand

Midfield
I’m nervous we havnt signed anyone yet but the key this summer over last is to ensure we don’t panic and that we recruit players which address our failings last season. After relegation it was a huge turnaround and it ended up been about getting bodies in after half the squad didn’t want to be at the club (it was good to see those 2 absolute chancers get relegated again) Judging by the pod casts Donald will be chomping at the bit as much as us , I see it as a positive that he sounds like he knows the line in not to interfere on the playing side too much, Although no news is worrying I’d be worried more if we had signed a couple of uninspiring signings , agents run the transfer market so they will push us to the end but I’d be happy with 3 or 4 quality signings over a boat load of mediocre , if we don’t sell any of the current squad with a bit of quality added it’s then down to ross to deliver ...Iv seen something in him , his leadership skills for one makes me think he can do it , he has got to learn tactically for sure and if we are not in the top two comfortably by December then will be the time to change...after the fixtures game out im excited again for the season let’s make it like pompy at home in the semi and we blow oxford away in the opening game at the sol (hurry up August man off to ikea again tomorra)

Quality over quantity defs

There has to be some concern about our transfer business as the takeover is dragging on, nobody really knows the situation, have the new guys got people lined up?

I'd be surprised like

We don't need loads of players.
I'd rather be pushing some of the youth like we should have last season.
We need a fast strong midfielder, and a reserve keeper.
And a centre half and right back so we can put 09 in midfield.
And depending on the craic with kimpioka, another young striker. Hopefully he will sign though and we can use him more

Quality over quantity defs

There has to be some concern about our transfer business as the takeover is dragging on, nobody really knows the situation, have the new guys got people lined up?

I'd be surprised like
@prehab26 did previously say 3 are done I think. Hopefully he knows something we don’t.

I don't believe he knows much personally, but thats just me

Only one I believe is that lad upherenow or someit
@Upthere? He was the one who said Curtis Nelson was signing for us.

I agree with you that he gets reliable info though, but it just goes to show anything can happen until it’s all 100% signed and done.

Back