++++++ QPR v Sunderland match thread +++++

My threads like my life always end up in utter chaos 😎

Don't worry Hank, I'm just delighted that some fucker besides me hasn't a clue after reading the gobbledegook explanations of the ridiculous offside laws.

We went through (albeit with a huge slice of luck with a big decision that went our way).

Anyone who still goes along with this 'our support gets worse the further south we play' wasn't there tonight.

Best atmosphere so far this season, home and away :cool:
It's a chance for exiles to support the team, and we are no less passionate for living away. The crowd really were the twelvth man last night, and kept up a loud vocal support all night. It rankled a bit when a bloke near me was going on about 'Tories' every time he had a go at the Ref (from Hampshire), the opposition fans or the beer! London is a Labour town, and my family home near Sedgefield is Tory! But our travelling support is still topper and it was a great night!
It seemed to me at the time that the 'offside' goal was ruled out because of the situation as the cross came in that ended up in our net, after a bit of pinball, so it was the same 'phase' of play even though the flag went up later. @elder's post #2101 makes that very clear and it's not their lone player who is offside: it is the one breaking our back line. This is the offside, not the pictures of what happened three seconds later which have sparked all the controversy.
Their manager's comments later seem like sour grapes to me:
"Having just seen the picture I've just seen - wow! It's an appalling decision which has cost the club in all sorts of ways.
"We're not talking about an inch or a marginal decision. It's feet, between Charlie being onside and offside.
"With what's at stake, the financial implications for the club, big crowds home and away, everything which comes with progression to the last eight, I've never been so shocked to see a picture like that.
"To be that far onside, you have to question what did they see? I hope this doesn't get me too much of a fine."

I've just seen those highlights. I can't, for the life of me, see where the offside is. Has the lino just made a terrible mistake and not noticed Burge or something?

It's a chance for exiles to support the team, and we are no less passionate for living away. The crowd really were the twelvth man last night, and kept up a loud vocal support all night. It rankled a bit when a bloke near me was going on about 'Tories' every time he had a go at the Ref (from Hampshire), the opposition fans or the beer! London is a Labour town, and my family home near Sedgefield is Tory! But our travelling support is still topper and it was a great night!
It seemed to me at the time that the 'offside' goal was ruled out because of the situation as the cross came in that ended up in our net, after a bit of pinball, so it was the same 'phase' of play even though the flag went up later. @elder's post #2101 makes that very clear and it's not their lone player who is offside: it is the one breaking our back line. This is the offside, not the pictures of what happened three seconds later which have sparked all the controversy.
Their manager's comments later seem like sour grapes to me:
"Having just seen the picture I've just seen - wow! It's an appalling decision which has cost the club in all sorts of ways.
"We're not talking about an inch or a marginal decision. It's feet, between Charlie being onside and offside.
"With what's at stake, the financial implications for the club, big crowds home and away, everything which comes with progression to the last eight, I've never been so shocked to see a picture like that.
"To be that far onside, you have to question what did they see? I hope this doesn't get me too much of a fine."

Such an appalling decision he thought it wasn't straight after the game.
I've just seen those highlights. I can't, for the life of me, see where the offside is. Has the lino just made a terrible mistake and not noticed Burge or something?

We're in the quarter finals after beating a Championship club and winning a shoot out.

In 1973 we had a contentious goal against Notts County but no one cares.

I already don't care about last night, just looking forward to the draw..

Oh, and Rotherham.

Last edited:
Such an appalling decision he thought it wasn't straight after the game.

We're in the quarter finals after beating a Championship club and winning a shoot out.

In 1973 we had a contentious goal against Notts County but no one cares.

I already don't care about last night, just looking forward to the draw..

Oh, and Rotherham.
If it is a complete cock-up, I'm fine with that - it's not like that kind of shit hasn't happened to us. The bottom line is that we're in the hat and RQP aren't. Hump Rotherham and all will be well with the world.

Back