Q Magazine's Future In Doubt

Personally I don’t enjoy online articles as much as good quality hard copy, the issue is that hard copy gets expensive as owt
Fair enough. My attention span has certainly shortened since reading hard copy but that could be due to the drop in quality writing.

That said I enjoy posting stuff. I don’t have the same “I wish I could write as well as these guys” feeling I used to have, especially now I realise they on coke a lot of the time.

I think that's why I didn't subscribe or read it regularly. In the 90s, I tended to prefer Vox and Select but they disappeared early on, primarily as they were basically monthly versions of NME/Melody Maker. Nowadays, I've got my monthly Uncut subscription and occasionally read Mojo or The Wire.

I used to get the NME every week but stopped in about 2002 when they interviewed the White Stripes and they got pissed off because he wouldn't answer their questions on the Gulf war - or he wouldn't say exactly what they wanted to hear. They went cool on the WS after that so I binned them, Jack White is hardly Sammy Hagar ffs.

I suspect because people were happy with inferior online content because it cost nowt. Magazine deteriorates as a consequence. In the case of Q maybe it genuinely was getting repetitive.

I reckon it's more down to the way the way the viewing of information/articles/media by the masses has changed rather than it being inferior.

I reckon it's more down to the way the way the viewing of information/articles/media by the masses has changed rather than it being inferior.
The rules have changed imo. Before good spelling, punctuation, thesaurus use was important.

Now I’ll read and like any old shit if I get something out of it, overall I prefer it but miss a really good article all the same.

I’m as bad as anyone for lazy skim reading online like. The good thing about online content is that people get exposed to more diverse stuff because it costs them nowt to access it. With expensive magazines and papers you’ll be more likely to just stick with what you know you like.

I’m as bad as anyone for lazy skim reading online like. The good thing about online content is that people get exposed to more diverse stuff because it costs them nowt to access it. With expensive magazines and papers you’ll be more likely to just stick with what you know you like.

Still beggars belief how some create threads on here to find something out that they could in a matter of a few taps on a keyboard. :lol:

I used to get the NME every week but stopped in about 2002 when they interviewed the White Stripes and they got pissed off because he wouldn't answer their questions on the Gulf war - or he wouldn't say exactly what they wanted to hear. They went cool on the WS after that so I binned them, Jack White is hardly Sammy Hagar ffs.
NME was shite from the early 80's onwards. Staffed by pretentious tossers, Sounds and Melody Maker were far better

Back