Putting your toaster away when not using it

When I was a kid we didn't have a toaster. Fire and toasting fork. Fork was always left on the hearth. Anyone with a toasting fork back in the day put it away between uses?
I used to love toasted crumpets done on the fire with a toasting folk. I think we even had Lurpak some days!

The old gentoo one was rank. Black worktops and brown cupboard doors, one little window. Wasn't very inspiring at all.

Nowadays, I look forward to getting home and making tea. Sunday dinners are a dream to make, now. Got a TV with a sound bar on the wall just out of shot so I can watch the Grand Prix or the footy while I'm doing my stuff. Just fitted some LED lights around the pelmet, too.

Logon or register to see this image
nice

I never even thought about putting it away but tbh I can probably count on one hand the amount of times it's been used. Little Bastard sitting there taking up prime space when it doesn't f***ing dee nowt

In my last place the kitchen was bigger so toaster out all the time. Plus it was about all my ex could cook.

I rarely eat toast, I have a big toaster and smaller kitchen so the toaster goes away when not in use, as does the slow cooker and the Kenwood chef thing

In my last place the kitchen was bigger so toaster out all the time. Plus it was about all my ex could cook.

I rarely eat toast, I have a big toaster and smaller kitchen so the toaster goes away when not in use, as does the slow cooker and the Kenwood chef thing

So a bigger kitchen is best for look at me I've got a toaster, etc. people, and smaller kitchens more suitable for hiding everything away - bit of a contradiction. Corollary being people with big kitchens must have empty cupboards:)

So a bigger kitchen is best for look at me I've got a toaster, etc. people, and smaller kitchens more suitable for hiding everything away - bit of a contradiction. Corollary being people with big kitchens must have empty cupboards:)

Not a contradiction at all.

If a toaster is used most mornings and the kitchen is big why put it away?
In a smaller kitchen, with a bigger toaster that is rarely used and would take up space that I use for food prep everyday why not put it away?

Not a contradiction at all.

If a toaster is used most mornings and the kitchen is big why put it away?
In a smaller kitchen, with a bigger toaster that is rarely used and would take up space that I use for food prep everyday why not put it away?

Was referring to space and aesthetics but see what you mean, sigh, it's early.

All this “smaller kitchen so I put it away” stuff that’s been mentioned a few times on the thread, surely if you have a smaller kitchen you have less cupboard space so less space to keep a toaster in a cupboard?

Ours is out, alongside my minikeg dispenser, but the George Foreman and panini press (which we actually do use - about once a month) live in their boxes above the cupboards.

When we move house we’ll have a much bigger kitchen so more storage space but the toaster will still stay out. The things that currently live above the cupboards will go in one though.

What's with all these blokes knowing where the toaster is? Has the world gone mad?! Can't wait until Brexit happens and we can go back to men being men and the kitchen being for women only.
Women can't cook though.

Toasters should be used once a week then put away in a cupboard, the clip of some on here leaving them out.

Last edited:

Back