putting on weight

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The game

iam doing the london marathon next sun, so training for this has resulted in a fair bit of weight loss.
Iam wanting to put a bit back on after the race, how do i go about this, bout half a stone?
obviously want it to be controlled and as much muscle as poss not just hammer the pizza and kebabs..
cheers

tbh titus i dont really understand it all, i did read it but cudnt really take it on. Some of ur stuff on these subjects are great and iam taking alot from ur posts. cheers..

tbh titus i dont really understand it all, i did read it but cudnt really take it on. Some of ur stuff on these subjects are great and iam taking alot from ur posts. cheers..

Do you know your weight in kilos and your bodyfat percentage? I'll help you out mate.

I'm going to do a thread over the weekend on macronutrient intake guidlines also, which I advise you to keep an eye out for.

Do you know your weight in kilos and your bodyfat percentage? I'll help you out mate.

I'm going to do a thread over the weekend on macronutrient intake guidlines also, which I advise you to keep an eye out for.

Iam 10 and a half stone, not sure what percentage is but iam quite lean with all the running...I'll defo read it, cos aint sure what they are either, (ha). ive red most ur posts and taking as much in as possible..

Iam 10 and a half stone, not sure what percentage is but iam quite lean with all the running...I'll defo read it, cos aint sure what they are either, (ha). ive red most ur posts and taking as much in as possible..

Firstly, to calculate your lean body mass (LBM):

100 - Bodyfat% (going by what you've said, I'll just go with 10%) so 90 x total weight (68 kg) /100 = LBM of 61.2

With LBM, you calculate Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR):

LBM (61.2) x 21.6 + 370 = BMR of 1691.92kcalories

From your BMR, go to the thread I originally posted and multiply that against the activity criteria, and you'll have a rough idea of your total daily energy expenditure. With that, you'll want to add around 10% extra kcalories to ensure good, slow weight gain.

Firstly, to calculate your lean body mass (LBM):

100 - Bodyfat% (going by what you've said, I'll just go with 10%) so 90 x total weight (68 kg) /100 = LBM of 61.2

With LBM, you calculate Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR):

LBM (61.2) x 21.6 + 370 = BMR of 1691.92kcalories

From your BMR, go to the thread I originally posted and multiply that against the activity criteria, and you'll have a rough idea of your total daily energy expenditure. With that, you'll want to add around 10% extra kcalories to ensure good, slow weight gain.

nice 1 titus, i reckon i need to be eating around 3100 calories..but i will be easing off the cardio after next weeks run..

nice 1 titus, i reckon i need to be eating around 3100 calories..but i will be easing off the cardio after next weeks run..

Yeah, the running requires a shit load of calories, especially marathon running you could probably even do with excess of that! For a bulk of my recent training I was eating around 3,000kcalories to lose weight, feels so good :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back