Putting house into trust - incase ever go into care

Definitely as most don’t want to think about being old or during .
They soon change when they eventually get there tho 😕
It’s partly been taken out of people’s hands
I mentioned earlier in the thread about work place pensions. Many many people will see very little of that in their twilight years other than to pay for care. It however will have to be a massive pension to pay for our care with the cheapest I’ve seen coming in at £772 p/w.

I mentioned earlier in the thread about work place pensions. Many many people will see very little of that in their twilight years other than to pay for care. It however will have to be a massive pension to pay for our care with the cheapest I’ve seen coming in at £772 p/w.
I certainly have not researched the facts, but surely those costs are massively inflated for profit? I can't figure out given the poor salary the staff have and the modest facilities why it would end up costing close to 3 grand a month per person.

I certainly have not researched the facts, but surely those costs are massively inflated for profit? I can't figure out given the poor salary the staff have and the modest facilities why it would end up costing close to 3 grand a month per person.
That’s the cheapest
You would struggle to get it for 1k if you have complex needs.
The private sector do make profits but putting people in a hospital set up ( even a community Hosp ) costs nearly £400 per night.
Our council run homes are on the expensive end of our care homes and the care isn’t any different from the private sector
24hr staff, heating, the building, insurance etc make it an expensive thing to run and that’s even paying minimum wage to the people who work in many of them.

Is that private funded care or council funded
Round County Durham Dcc pay approx £580 - £650 pw depending on QBA rating .
Private I’ve seen £600 upto £1000 + pw and down south over £1800 😳
Chc is bit more but then it’s health so carehome s need 24hr nurses.
As been said private can make decent money but not on council funded clients alone and not if their ratio of chc residents is too low when they are paying for 24hr nurse coverage .

Last edited:
Is that private funded care or council funded
Round County Durham Dcc pay approx £580 - £650 pw depending on QBA rating .
Private I’ve seen £600 upto £1000 + pw and down south over £1800 😳
Chc is bit more but then it’s health so carehome s need 24hr nurses.
As been said private can make decent money but not on council funded clients alone and not if their ratio of chc residents is too low when they are paying for 24hr nurse coverage .
That was private but the council ones around here are at the top end.
I’ve no idea what the council would pay if someone was placed there by them as I was only ever involved with getting people in them from the Acute hospital. Adult social care didn’t have any problems with availability, however, getting someone with complex needs placed is difficult

That was private but the council ones around here are at the top end.
I’ve no idea what the council would pay if someone was placed there by them as I was only ever involved with getting people in them from the Acute hospital. Adult social care didn’t have any problems with availability, however, getting someone with complex needs placed is difficult
Yep there is spare capacity across the country for residential care but a lot of it is in very old care homes. There’s a big demand for purpose built modern homes but they aren’t cheap to build.
Complex needs will be difficult to place, a lot of homes are selective as it’s more work for them . In my opinion alot of nurses working in a care home are there for an easier ride than being in a hospital. The owners don’t want to upset them .

Back