Putting apps onto a fire stick

Bit of a query! I've got a 2nd gen fire stick and need to get a VPN onto it. Some I've struggled to load onto it. Eventually I got unseen online which is a free one but which is so slow that everything buffers constantly. Next I found the windscribe app, it was okay but still some streams wouldn't run so, once my free 2GB ran out, I was a bit unsure about paying for unlimited. Then there's ipvanish but when I've looked at the app through play store it gets pretty shit reviews (and it's more expensive than windscribe so really not sure about paying for that one!)

Thing is, on my tablet I've got a free VPN called cyber ghost and it's been class. I put it on and every stream (even HD ones) is just as good as when I watch without a VPN. Only thing is they don't have an app for the fire stick. So, my query is, can you somehow get the cyber ghost app onto a fire stick (I've seem some articles about copying APK files or some such but that's far out of my technical expertise!)? And if not does anyone with a fire stick know of a good, quick, reliable VPN that's easy to install and that lets you select what country to be browsing from? Not bothered if it's paid or free, as long as it's canny!

Why not download the free trial of cyber ghost and see if you can load it to the device. If it work, go premium

Bit of a query! I've got a 2nd gen fire stick and need to get a VPN onto it. Some I've struggled to load onto it. Eventually I got unseen online which is a free one but which is so slow that everything buffers constantly. Next I found the windscribe app, it was okay but still some streams wouldn't run so, once my free 2GB ran out, I was a bit unsure about paying for unlimited. Then there's ipvanish but when I've looked at the app through play store it gets pretty shit reviews (and it's more expensive than windscribe so really not sure about paying for that one!)

Thing is, on my tablet I've got a free VPN called cyber ghost and it's been class. I put it on and every stream (even HD ones) is just as good as when I watch without a VPN. Only thing is they don't have an app for the fire stick. So, my query is, can you somehow get the cyber ghost app onto a fire stick (I've seem some articles about copying APK files or some such but that's far out of my technical expertise!)? And if not does anyone with a fire stick know of a good, quick, reliable VPN that's easy to install and that lets you select what country to be browsing from? Not bothered if it's paid or free, as long as it's canny!
why do you need a vpn on the stick ?

Ipvanish works a treat on my 2nd gen firestick
so I think the OP would appreciate you maybe offering a hint as to how you installed it ?

why do you need a vpn on the stick ?

so I think the OP would appreciate you maybe offering a hint as to how you installed it ?

I can get ipvanish, they've got an app for the fire stick so that'd be an easy one to get, just anxious to make sure it's decent because it costs a fair bit. Managed to get cyber ghost on by installing the APK, works mint for SM but it's not designed for the fire stick so I can't log off or anything, once the free trial finishes I'll be doomed! Might go for ipvanish, it'll be easy to install, just anxious because play store says it's a load of shite!

I can get ipvanish, they've got an app for the fire stick so that'd be an easy one to get, just anxious to make sure it's decent because it costs a fair bit. Managed to get cyber ghost on by installing the APK, works mint for SM but it's not designed for the fire stick so I can't log off or anything, once the free trial finishes I'll be doomed! Might go for ipvanish, it'll be easy to install, just anxious because play store says it's a load of shite!

I've got IPVanish - works ok on the laptop but on the firestick it's crap.

Thing is, on my tablet I've got a free VPN called cyber ghost and it's been class. I put it on and every stream (even HD ones) is just as good as when I watch without a VPN. Only thing is they don't have an app for the fire stick. So, my query is, can you somehow get the cyber ghost app onto a fire stick (I've seem some articles about copying APK files or some such but that's far out of my technical expertise!)? And if not does anyone with a fire stick know of a good, quick, reliable VPN that's easy to install and that lets you select what country to be browsing from? Not bothered if it's paid or free, as long as it's canny![/QUOT E]
Google play. Download Apps to

... sorry. I am on

Sorry. I am on a UK Virgin rattly train. Google Play, download AppsToFire. It works fast and we'll.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back