Put these Premiership managers in order of how good you think they are?? Klopp, Guardiola, Ancelotti and Mourinho

• Thread starter Deleted member 45378
  • Start date

I think mourinho's style is now outdated and pretty ineffective against high pressure attack minded teams which all the best teams are now. 10 years ago there's no doubt he was one of the best in world football. That said I'd still have him above ancelotti but agree with klopp being no1.

I wish my definition of "poor" was winning the Premier League, Europa League and two League Cups (his "poor" spells at Chelsea/Man United).

He was actually good at both imo, but the way he left clouds peoples assessment of him.

Felt a bit sorry for him at Chelsea too, never seen a team down tools like that, absolutely extraordinary stuff. He probably brought it on himself, but still there is a base level of professionalism and the players were disgraceful.

Shown very little at Spurs mind. They are really bad imo, but he hasn't been able to organise their defence which surprises me. Anyone who plays Eric Dier in a back four at that level has questionable judgement - no way the old Jose would ever have countenanced that. Seems to have lost his egde a bit, almost like in trying to play Mr. Nice Guy, a spark has gone out.

My ranking, atm, is: Klopp-Guardiola-Ancellotti-Mourinho.

But over their career, I'd say: Mourinho-Klopp-Guardiola-Ancellotti.

Maybe harsh on Carlo, but every top manager says leagues are the real barometer, not Europe. So on that basis - he falls short.

Klopp has built that Liverpool team pretty much from scratch - only Mourinho at Porto can really say likewise. Deserves respect, but this board hates him.
Or he's trying to prove a point with regards to what's available to him.

I do wonder about the nice guy thing though. I think he's dropped a bollock gannin' there though. Wrong club.

1) Guardiola
2) Ancelotti
3) Klopp
4) Mourinho

Guardiola comfortably the best. Football is basically a different sport than it was 15 years ago because of him.

Ancelotti has had success over a long period, 3 time champions league winner, title winner in 4 countries. Very adaptable and likeable.

Klopp will go above Carlo if he has a dynasty at Liverpool that results in abother 2-3 trophies. Loveable runners up isn't quite enough, as enjoyable as his Dortmund teams were.

Mourinho was excellent in a 7 year window before Pep. Being overlooked for the Barcelona job ended him. He's spent the rest of his career managing more negatively than he ever used to purely put of spite. It hasn't worked well for him.

Or he's trying to prove a point with regards to what's available to him.

I do wonder about the nice guy thing though. I think he's dropped a bollock gannin' there though. Wrong club.

He's the sort of prick who would actually do that - the only other manager who does such board-baiting tactical bollocks is Rafa -and given he's got a free pass this year because of the mess he inherited, he's perhaps not as arsed about Europa League to be worried about blow-back.

He's a f***ing idiot if he thinks he can pull that nonsense on Daniel Levy though.

1) Guardiola
2) Ancelotti
3) Klopp
4) Mourinho

Guardiola comfortably the best. Football is basically a different sport than it was 15 years ago because of him.

Ancelotti has had success over a long period, 3 time champions league winner, title winner in 4 countries. Very adaptable and likeable.

Klopp will go above Carlo if he has a dynasty at Liverpool that results in abother 2-3 trophies. Loveable runners up isn't quite enough, as enjoyable as his Dortmund teams were.

Mourinho was excellent in a 7 year window before Pep. Being overlooked for the Barcelona job ended him. He's spent the rest of his career managing more negatively than he ever used to purely put of spite. It hasn't worked well for him.

I'm not sure about the negativity point. Negativity can be overdone, but I don't think his United or Chelsea, or even Tottenham teams are that negative (the latter should probably be a lot more negative tbh). He just used to be able to meet the Klopp-Guardiola type football, by inspiring manic effort and loyalty in his players - a bit like Simeone does at Athletico. He hasn't been able to do that anywhere for a while.

In short, I don't think it's his tactics that are out of date, as much as he seems to have completely lost the plot on man-management. He used to be all about protecting the players, now he calls them out spitefully. I think it's the fall-out of Chelsea second spell that ruined him. He viewed them as his club and it was one thing to fall-out with the owner, but being hounded out by the players - with a little help from the fans - has broken him. He's been broken ever since.

Back