Put a flat earthier into space

We can use bed sheets if you want? That was what you used in your analogy for layers. I have 10 bed sheets each weighing 1kg, so the total is 10kg, we move 4 to the side, how much weight do the bed sheets weigh?
That's like offering 10 sheets to a scale plate and seeing 10kg measurement on that scale.
You move 4 to the side of the scale and you have 6 kg of weight measurement upon that scale.
The 4 you took to the side displace the atmosphere at that point, not at the scale.
All that gets took up is the volume which is not part of the dense mass displacement.
Can you anser the question I asked earlier, if I have a sealed container with atmosphere inside and I shake it around, how do the layers stack up again?
An easier one to answer by using matter that can be seen.

I'm sure you've done an experiment with a container filled with varying dense masses of matter, right?
Sand, salt, pepper and so on and so on.
You shake up the jar and see them all sort of mix.
You leave the jar and lightly vibrate it and soon enough you see the layers take their places...right?

No different with atmosphere except we have trouble seeing it in stacked layers that we can marry up with blunt material reality..

That's like offering 10 sheets to a scale plate and seeing 10kg measurement on that scale.
You move 4 to the side of the scale and you have 6 kg of weight measurement upon that scale.
The 4 you took to the side displace the atmosphere at that point, not at the scale.
All that gets took up is the volume which is not part of the dense mass displacement.

An easier one to answer by using matter that can be seen.

I'm sure you've done an experiment with a container filled with varying dense masses of matter, right?
Sand, salt, pepper and so on and so on.
You shake up the jar and see them all sort of mix.
You leave the jar and lightly vibrate it and soon enough you see the layers take their places...right?

No different with atmosphere except we have trouble seeing it in stacked layers that we can marry up with blunt material reality..
Why do they choose to stack vertically and not horizontally?

I will try again.

Now remember we are imagining these books are layers of mater in the atmosphere not physical objects that are displacing atmosphere.

We have 10 books weighing 1kg each for a total of 10kg. put a table between the the 4th and 5th book, meaning 4 books are under and 6 tables are above the table, how much does weight does our scale show?

Now if we change this back to layers of atmosphere, it is like putting a roof over something, that is grounded to the earth so resistant to the downward crush pressure. Why does someone experience the same crush pressure inside and outside?
Light reflects along waves.
But I thought it was instant? why waste time reflecting and travelling along waves?

@Nukehasslefan if I have a sealed container with atmosphere inside and I shake it around, how do the layers stack up again?

Last edited:
I will try again.

Now remember we are imagining these books are layers of mater in the atmosphere not physical objects that are displacing atmosphere.

We have 10 books weighing 1kg each for a total of 10kg. put a table between the the 4th and 5th book, meaning 4 books are under and 6 tables are above the table, how much does weight does our scale show?
The scale would register 4 books at 4kg because the table offers the foundation to the other 6 books which bypass the scale plate.
Place a scale plate on the table under the 6 books and you now register 6 kg on the table as it's own foundation to a moving foundation (scale plate) to register a measurement of mass against atmosphere.
I know you're saying use the books as atmosphere but I can't because you then nullify the actual set up.
Now if we change this back to layers of atmosphere, it is like putting a roof over something, that is grounded to the earth so resistant to the downward crush pressure. Why does someone experience the same crush pressure inside and outside?
Ahhh ok, so at least we can do both in one.
Above is what happens with books.

Your mindset is thinking the roof stops the crush on the books under it.
It does. It stops the crush of its own dense mass that displaces the atmosphere.
Under that roof the atmosphere still works.

Back to water.

You're in a house under water.

You have 4 books in the house and 6 on the roof.

Ok your house is full of water and all your furniture displaces a lot of water, including your bricks and roof and wood and floor and mortar...you get the point.
Some of it will absorb the water. Your bricks are porous so not all of your bricks will displace all of that mass of water...some will be part of that brick as volume of water.

That goes for everything else.
Ok so now we will also offer a set of scales into the house which are also under water, obviously but are set to zero. Basically they are set to the pressure of water over them at the floor of the house.

Now we need to move the books onto the scale. 4 books. We will do this as if we are doing it in atmosphere but using water as the analogy to get you an understanding of what you're asking.

Ok so you move the 4 books that are displacing their own mass of water from one position and you place them onto the scale plate.
You have now transferred that displacement of water to the scale plate with the books.

The place you took them from was immediately filled with water because you took away the dense mass from that position.

Ok now to your roof.
The roof in itself is also displacing water with the wood, tiles...etc. The loft is filled with water.
But you have 6 books on it which are adding to the displacement of that roof against water, meaning you now have 6 books that measure 1kg adding 6 kg of water displacement to that roof.

Take those books away and place them atop the 4 in the house and your roof is now displacing only it's own dense mass of water which has now filled the void left by the 6 books and transferred that displacement onto the books on the scales to now read 10 kg of displacement.

Last edited:
The scale would register 4 books at 4kg because the table offers the foundation to the other 6 books which bypass the scale plate.
Place a scale plate on the table under the 6 books and you now register 6 kg on the table as it's own foundation to a moving foundation (scale plate) to register a measurement of mass against atmosphere.
I know you're saying use the books as atmosphere but I can't because you then nullify the actual set up.
What would this nullify? It is layers, they can be measured. They apparently behave like this so it is a good at home experiment.

Ahhh ok, so at least we can do both in one.
Above is what happens with books.

Your mindset is thinking the roof stops the crush on the books under it.
It does. It stops the crush of its own dense mass that displaces the atmosphere.
Under that roof the atmosphere still works.

Back to water.

You're in a house under water.

You have 4 books in the house and 6 on the roof.

Ok your house is full of water and all your furniture displaces a lot of water, including your bricks and roof and wood and floor and mortar...you get the point.
Some of it will absorb the water. Your bricks are porous so not all of your bricks will displace all of that mass of water...some will be part of that brick as volume of water.

That goes for everything else.
Ok so now we will also offer a set of scales into the house which are also under water, obviously but are set to zero. Basically they are set to the pressure of water over them at the floor of the house.

Now we need to move the books onto the scale. 4 books. We will do this as if we are doing it in atmosphere but using water as the analogy to get you an understanding of what you're asking.

Ok so you move the 4 books that are displacing their own mass of water from one position and you place them onto the scale plate.
You have now transferred that displacement of water to the scale plate with the books.

The place you took them from was immediately filled with water because you took away the dense mass from that position.

Ok now to your roof.
The roof in itself is also displacing water with the wood, tiles...etc. The loft is filled with water.
But you have 6 books on it which are adding to the displacement of that roof against water, meaning you now have 6 books that measure 1kg adding 6 kg of water displacement to that roof.

Take those books away and place them atop the 4 in the house and your roof is now displacing only it's own dense mass of water which has now filled the void left by the 6 books and transferred that displacement onto the books on the scales to now read 10 kg of displacement.
But the books will be wet and be ruined underwater? I would assume that they would now weigh less than 6kg as a lot of the paper would dissolve?

I could really go back to, how does the water know which way is down? If my house floated upside down just under the water, there would be a lot of water above the roof, why then putting when I put brick on top of the roof, remember upside down, does the brick not stay on the roof? There is a lot of water above it.

Are we just going to ignore this question, if I have a sealed container with atmosphere inside and I shake it around, how do the layers stack up again?

But I thought it was instant? why waste time reflecting and travelling along waves?
It doesn't waste time travelling. It's instant to the reflection.
Waves are always happening and light just reflects through them. It doesn't jump on them and ride along at any speed.
What would this nullify? It is layers, they can be measured. They apparently behave like this so it is a good at home experiment.

But the books will be wet and be ruined underwater?

This is where we have to part company. You had your fun.

Last edited:
It doesn't waste time travelling. It's instant to the reflection.
Waves are always happening and light just reflects through them. It doesn't jump on them and ride along at any speed.

This is where we have to part company. You had your fun.
Why? I am trying to understand what you are saying. You were using books as the physical items when we were using them as references for layers. You then said they displace things but in the books analogy the table has displaced the books (atmosphere), the books now crush on the table, but I am saying that the crush under the table is now less. as there are only 4 books below the table pushing on the floor.

Why? I am trying to understand what you are saying. You were using books as the physical items when we were using them as references for layers. You then said they displace things but in the books analogy the table has displaced the books (atmosphere), the books now crush on the table, but I am saying that the crush under the table is now less. as there are only 4 books below the table pushing on the floor.

Go and sit on the naughty step and stop bothering The Teacher. Ask the wrong questions and you get told off.
simple experiments, water level, infa red lasers.

Can't wait for tomorrow's revelations.
Absolutely hilarious.

Last edited:
In your opinion.

Impossible for the cone to move without friction.

It can never move freely. It's always under friction. It may be small amount of friction but friction nonetheless.

Sound can not be produced without vibration. Vibration is friction of matter.
No discernible light will be produced to your vision.
If you want to see light you need to up the frequency and force. This would make it clear to see but would destroy the equipment in the process because it's not designed to do that.

Let's make this clear.
Do you think there are animals and insects that can see light that you can't?
Ask yourself why.
Do you think animals and insects hear sound that you can't?
Ask yourself why.
Do you think animals and insects can detect vibrations which you can't?
Ask yourself why.

Yes and ear drum and hammer.
You know what an induction hob is, right?

You know many things that offer vibration/sound/frequency.
You know some you see, some you feel, some you hear.
You also know we aren't the only creatures that sense frequencies.

The flawed logic is not from me.
Friction is not the cause of a speaker moving. It is designed to have as little friction as possible.

Yes I know what an induction hob is. They are very quiet.

Sound is vibration but not all vibration is caused by friction. Impact on a drum, twanging a guitar string, a speaker as I have said, animal vocal chords, a reed is air pressure. And none of these have anything to do with light, just the same as a torch has nothing to do with sound.

And of course they have different speeds.

You are being foolish sticking to this narrative.

Friction is not the cause of a speaker moving. It is designed to have as little friction as possible.

Yes I know what an induction hob is. They are very quiet.

Sound is vibration but not all vibration is caused by friction. Impact on a drum, twanging a guitar string, a speaker as I have said, animal vocal chords, a reed is air pressure. And none of these have anything to do with light, just the same as a torch has nothing to do with sound.

And of course they have different speeds.

You are being foolish sticking to this narrative.
he's now also advocating using equipment to test theories. I say theory, I doubt his musings would even be classified as a hypothesis in the real world.

Last edited:

Back