Push Doctor

She has caused you several public meltdowns on here, I can understand it being a touchy subject for you.

It doesn’t have to be one or the other Wesley, you can do both.

You can yes, but if people opt for face-to-face I believe that would give the GP more information to diagnose the patient on

Weigh that against potentially greater numbers of consultation and better rates of healthcare utilisation

However I fully expect online consultations to be taken up by the “worried well” in yet another prime example of the inverse care law

As long as online consultations are rigorously tested and there’s a sufficient evidence base

Jeeeesus you’re easy to wind up these days.

You think this is wound up? :neutral:

If you need a prescription, they charge you £8 to write the prescription. It's classed as a private prescription at the chemist, so you will have to pay the actual cost of the medication rather than the NHS fee. Just something to be aware of if you were going to use it for something that needs medication.

I've looked into it before but I already pay for my prescriptions with a NHS annual pass so decided I'd rather wait and see my GP for an NHS prescription.

You can yes, but if people opt for face-to-face I believe that would give the GP more information to diagnose the patient on

Weigh that against potentially greater numbers of consultation and better rates of healthcare utilisation

However I fully expect online consultations to be taken up by the “worried well” in yet another prime example of the inverse care law

As long as online consultations are rigorously tested and there’s a sufficient evidence base

You think this is wound up? :neutral:

Shut up, Wesley.

Sometimes you just need to see summit to put a plan in place. Skin conditions for instance would be great on video calls.
I’m not sure if it would speed things up mind. There is an idea that that clinician could be anywhere in the world though saving money like BT do by putting the call centres in India.
If it’s convenience people want then it might work for some conditions

Sometimes you just need to see summit to put a plan in place. Skin conditions for instance would be great on video calls.
I’m not sure if it would speed things up mind. There is an idea that that clinician could be anywhere in the world though saving money like BT do by putting the call centres in India.
If it’s convenience people want then it might work for some conditions

I think the British Association of Dermatologists aren’t sold on teledermatology

http://www.bad.org.uk/shared/get-file.ashx?itemtype=document&id=1611

On another note Sir Lancelot is a lass? Wtf is it with women on this forum using masculine names.

Agreed

Sir Lancelot - lass
Son of Stan - lass
Some Random Guy - lass
PhilSAFC - lass

Back