Purple Bricks

House in our street sold in a week, they were well chuffed with purple bricks. The house next door is pattinsons and its been up ages.

No commission except the commission they charge. I don’t get it.

Set fee whether it sells or not innit?

One round the corner sold quite quick. Think it was more the cheapness cos it needed work than the estate agent though, it was a vacant possession after an auld wifey died so nee chain.

Prefer using real people rather than digital ones.

Pay them the fees regardless of selling or not.

Anything will sell as long as its priced correctly.

Personally i still prefer to use a good local agent. Chances are they may have many names already in the books who can.view instantly
Received full asking price in 2 hours after using an estate agent.

No problems.1% plus VAT.

Last edited:
Flat fee.

Aye but we’d save £5k going with them so it’s tempting.

If it's an 'easy' sale they may be OK.

But they have no incentive to sell as they charge anyway, sale or no sale.

I always find their website shite as well, nothing much comes up on searches, and what does come up looks to be 'overpriced' after scouring all the other usual suspects.

We are selling a family property at the moment, and doing as Epps says above, using a local independent with 'skin in the game' who knows the area well.

Oh and the local agent is doing all the viewings too, as we are a fair way away - it's all extra cost with PB.

Flat fee.

I used tepilo. Sold within 4 hours of going live for full asking price. Not sure why anyone would use a robbing bastard of a high St agent. Lowest price you'd likely get is 1%, which would be say a grand on the cheapest house. 30% more than online.

I used them to sell my last house. Bloke who came round was decent. Took the pictures Saturday afternoon and it was on Rightmove Saturday night.

People can then book them self in to view at pre agreed times that you can make available in an online diary. We wanted to show people round ourselves.

One couple booked in to view Sunday afternoon and offered the full asking price. Then three more couples came on the Monday offering asking.

Obviously it depends on the saleability of you house. But I'm about to sell another house now and will not hesitate to use them again.

Everyone seems to use Rightmove and zoopla which your house will be published on through purple bricks as part of the cost.

I'm currently looking round houses and find that a lot of the estate agents (not all) open the door for you to view the house and the service ends there. No knowledge on the house at all.

£800 up front last time was all I paid.

Flat fee.

Used House Network for the one before last and it was fine, but for the last one we used a traditional agent - can't really say why, we both just felt it was the right thing to do. Worked for us, but yes it was more expensive.

Flat fee.

Might as well market your property yourself. From what I understand they take money from you to put your house on the market. They have absolutely no reason to do anything more. If an agent actually has to sell your house to gain their commission, they might actually make an effort.

You get what you pay for in life on the whole.

When I see the pictures on Rightmove from purple bricks listing it looks like it’s just the vendors taking themselves. Doesn’t half make a difference by using someone who knows what they’re doing

Back