Pure tune. Incredible bassline.

People are scared of Boney M because they feel threatened by Bobby. He is just too sensuous and energetic for them. If it was just the women they would be up there with Chic and Sister Sledge.

Not this shit again man.

If anyone who was actually around when Boney M were making hits came to school on a Friday and slavvered on about how brilliant they were on TOTP last night they’d have been shunned from society.

And rightly so.

And bollocks to these hipsters trying to reinvent history and claim that a couple of boilers and a knob with ridiculous Barnet poncing about lip synching in horrific tackle were in fact cool. They weren’t, they aren’t, and they never will be.
At Kendal Calling the other week I was awoken by the sounds of Boney M streaming into my tent. Upon further investigation it turned out they were being played by some kids who were about 18.
18 years old at a music festival and you’re playing f***ing Boney M???

I was forced to get up and request Ma Baker

I'm not a fan of Boney M, don't even like disco, think its all a bit crap, but this tune I do like. I like the way the bassline goes. Strong melodies as well.
The people on stage do look ridiculous. But this is still good, in my opinion.

ok T_Boney_M
So it's went from incredible to good.

Not this shit again man.

If anyone who was actually around when Boney M were making hits came to school on a Friday and slavvered on about how brilliant they were on TOTP last night they’d have been shunned from society.

And rightly so.

And bollocks to these hipsters trying to reinvent history and claim that a couple of boilers and a knob with ridiculous Barnet poncing about lip synching in horrific tackle were in fact cool. They weren’t, they aren’t, and they never will be.

Yep, Jormans weren't they?

Boney M were fun. And I'll tell yers something else as well. If you are knocking the M's it's beats shite like Love Will Tear Us Apart to shreds.

The type of pretty catchy bass riffs dreamt up in a thousand bedsits but they're not clever enough think of anything else so he plays the bloody thing over - and over - and over - and over - and...and the guitarist played the same thing but it was said that he couldn't even tune a guitar.....and just for a bit of variety - he plays two long chords in the verses but nope the - keys are doing the same thing too. But shirly the f***ing vocals will be different. Needs a bit of a counterpunch right? Right. Not a bit of it f***ing vocals drone on mumbling the same bloody riff not even giving a breath's difference between verse. But it's deep apparently.

Daddy cool is basically the same thing over and over again too but at least you get to have fun with it.

Liz Mitchell was on With Ms Quatro the other Christmas choosing their favourite Christmas songs. Jamaican German immigrant. Good crack and tbf canny voice in her day.

Last edited:
Not this shit again man.

And rightly so.

Missing the point ,I was one of those very kids ,waiting for the good stuff .The point is they were the daft punk of their day ,or pick another faceless production gang. It wasn't a product of those three ,they were the wrapper .Put some of this 70s stuff through decent systems and it's class and strangely early Clash aren't
My son had earth wind and fire on this affa in the car ,September ,another killer bass line

I've waxed lyrical to anyone who will listen about Boney M's basslines. I have no room in my life for anyone who doesn't like Boney M.
Tex and Rowell, the worst dancers in town

Last edited:
Not this shit again man.

And rightly so.

Amen to that, Brother.

SAHB all the way!

Missing the point ,I was one of those very kids ,waiting for the good stuff .The point is they were the daft punk of their day ,or pick another faceless production gang. It wasn't a product of those three ,they were the wrapper .Put some of this 70s stuff through decent systems and it's class and strangely early Clash aren't
My son had earth wind and fire on this affa in the car ,September ,another killer bass line

Tex and Rowell, the worst dancers in town

Don’t compare them to EW&F man. That was/is a proper band (albeit with revolving membership around the nucleus) steeped in jazz, soul, funk, gospel, African beats etc who wrote, arranged, recorded and produced their own stuff and could stand up against just about any band live. I’ve seen them loads of times and they are always top drawer.

Boney M - bubblegum pop with a lip synching front, either doing other people’s songs (Painter Man, Sunny) or stuff cooked up in the back room by their handlers and producers. The Milli Vanilli of their day, backed up by the German SAW.

How you jump from that to my ability to dance is worthless.

Back