Pure Gym Sunderland

I've left pure gym and joined JD in Washington instead, pure was pissing me off with bro groups going round in 4's on machines and constantly being asked if I was nearly done on different weights and machines once again.

I've left pure gym and joined JD in Washington instead, pure was pissing me off with bro groups going round in 4's on machines and constantly being asked if I was nearly done on different weights and machines once again.
Is it 24/7? Major thing for me is at least being open until 10pm & I use the pure gym in Bristol / Newcastle as well. I'd join exercise 4 less but they want a 12 month contract before I've seen what it's like...it does see, better but worried it might be just as busy

Is it 24/7? Major thing for me is at least being open until 10pm & I use the pure gym in Bristol / Newcastle as well. I'd join exercise 4 less but they want a 12 month contract before I've seen what it's like...it does see, better but worried it might be just as busy
Mon - Friday its 6-10 and on a weekend it's 8-8 so I've sacrificed the 24 hours but it's a better gym experience

whats this place like nowadays during peak times?
I go at 3 different time slots. 5.15am, 9.15am and around 1.30pm. 5.15am is still quiet but there's noticeably more people coming in at 6am than before Xmas. At 9.15am and 1.30pm it is pretty busy. So much so, this morning I had to wait for a couple of things and struggled to get a bench when I needed one.

As for peak times, I've just logged in to my account and there are currently 149 people in :eek: That's a ridiculous amount of people and the free weights section will be absolute hell. Thankfully, peak times aren't convenient for me these days but I remember walking in at about 7.30pm one day in January last year and I walked straight back out.

I go at 3 different time slots. 5.15am, 9.15am and around 1.30pm. 5.15am is still quiet but there's noticeably more people coming in at 6am than before Xmas. At 9.15am and 1.30pm it is pretty busy. So much so, this morning I had to wait for a couple of things and struggled to get a bench when I needed one.

As for peak times, I've just logged in to my account and there are currently 149 people in :eek: That's a ridiculous amount of people and the free weights section will be absolute hell. Thankfully, peak times aren't convenient for me these days but I remember walking in at about 7.30pm one day in January last year and I walked straight back out.

I normally do a bit of weights twice a week around 6am and run outdoors 3x a week. Last week I was feeling a bit of a soft get and tried to get on a treadmill at 5.15pm. Had to wait 5mins for one to become free :eek: Still reasonably OK around 6-7am imo.

Any better gym options in the city centre?

A lot of people will probably go to that new JD (?) gym thats about to open in the old pc world shop I reckon. I've been in a few exercise for less places using pay as u gym and they've always been well equipped, but they tend to be if I'm away on holiday so I haven't used the Sunderland one.

edit - actually might not be a totally shit idea to use that pay as u gym to see what a few are like inside?

Last edited:

Back