Pure creeps

In the process of selling my gaff and I've been informed by the neighbours that the prospective buyers (we're yet to exchange or anything yet) have been round to introduce themselves ahead of the move.

Then this morning I came home to find some post, which is addressed to them. So they've started having their mail delivered here, despite it still being my home.

Is it me or is this creep as fuck? I've asked the solicitor to politely request that they fuck off.
Bit weird but at least your know they ain't gunna pull out and leave you with loads of abortive costs.

The only post that could or should arrive is their buildings insurance. These days a lot of mortgage lenders want the buyer's solicitor to confirm that a valid policy is in place, normally could do that on the Monday for a Friday completion. No more than that.

They wasted a fuck load of time waiting to get proof of my buildings and contents insurance, which is obviously a policy that I have which ends once I leave the property.

I didn't have proof because I took out a new policy just before their request and there was a 14 day wait to get the documents through.
Also. Open it

Downstairs neighbours have since taken the letter in for them for safekeeping. Their new mates.

Last edited:
Cruel I know, but if they piss you off that much buy 2 large pieces of raw fish. Hide the first one in a place where it'll be found within a couple of days of serious searching. They'll be very unhappy with you but will feel that they've solved the problem. So when the awful smell persists it'll drive them crazy

The mails fair enough, if they’re moving out of rental they might not be switching some suppliers they might be starting as a new customer in which case they’ll need to get new accounts in place to start on a certain date. The odd bit of mail might get there. Same with solicitors/mortgage letters might end up there with your address against their file.

Also, on the SDLT, if they told you when you accepted their offer it was on the basis that you complete by 30/9 then I’m with them. If they didn’t’ then I’m with you.

The delays were all on their side and they think you should take the entire financial hit?

Correct.
The mails fair enough, if they’re moving out of rental they might not be switching some suppliers they might be starting as a new customer in which case they’ll need to get new accounts in place to start on a certain date. The odd bit of mail might get there. Same with solicitors/mortgage letters might end up there with your address against their file.

Also, on the SDLT, if they told you when you accepted their offer it was on the basis that you complete by 30/9 then I’m with them. If they didn’t’ then I’m with you.

You're with me then mate. And no, it's not okay to get their post delivered here, this is my f***ing gaff until the money's in my account.

Can I have a discount on the sale price? We’ll you’ve already started getting your post delivered here so it’s unlikely your going to pull out!

Back