Pumpkins

mini-x2

Striker
Just been talking about Halloween with the eldest. Anyway he’s just stared at me in disbelief and laughed his tits off when I told him that we used turnips instead of pumpkins when I was a kid. In fact I’m sure I never even saw a one in real life till at least 1990 or summit. You simply couldn’t buy them in supermarkets over here could you? Someone back me up :confused:

Just been talking about Halloween with the eldest. Anyway he’s just stared at me in disbelief and laughed his tits off when I told him that we used turnips instead of pumpkins when I was a kid. In fact I’m sure I never even saw a one in real life till at least 1990 or summit. You simply couldn’t buy them in supermarkets over here could you? Someone back me up :confused:
Had the very same conversation with my daughter today! We used to call turnips snadgies. Used to go snadgie hunting and nick them from the farmers fields :)

Nowt like that roast turnip smell from where your candle burnt the underside of the lid.
Stank the hoose out!

Tell a southerner the same thing and prepare to be laughed at and patronised to fuck also.

My 10 and 12 year old asked me last night why some scratters were asking for penny for the guy outside a pub

Back