Pugs - Absolutely knackered

😂😎

It’s your effeminate nature that attracts you to them. Soz.
Fuck off man I'm manly as owt x
Pugs are in a group of breeds classed as 'Category Three' by The Kennel Club. This is the highest category of health concerns due to their physical conformation (the way they look) - That's from the PDSA incidentally.

Love you and your billboards, but I'm afraid you're not quite correct on this score.

Now, in the interest of fairness, here are the category 3 level dogs
Bloodhound, Bulldog, Chow Chow, Dogue de Bordeaux, German Shepherd Dog, Mastiff, Neapolitan Mastiff, Pekingese, Pug, St Bernard and Shar Pei

Naturally not all of those will have BOAS, others may have joint issues in time perhaps, but I would argue that being unable to eat/breath probably trumps that.

I hope your lucky streak continues and you look after more on the healthy end of the scale.
The Kennel Club know nowt mate. I reckon I have a more extensive knowledge of the PDSA as well actually. So I'm basically still correct.

Anyway it's each to their own. But pugs aren't unhealthy animals and we haven't been lucky. If you look after them properly they are fine. Just like most other dogs.

And if anyone has a problem with pug owners bring your dog down the beach and I'll bring the pug and we will see who wins in a fight. No hitting faces allowed.
Denial & Cognitive Dissonance personified
Are you a qualified psychologist mate?
Some dog breeds should be made illegal.

The poor sods are inbred to fuck to the point where they’re riddled with health problems and barely able to breath.
Nonsense. I haven't owned, or know anyone who has owned a pug that has severe breathing difficulties.

Yes it happens, nobody is denying that, but you're going on like they're all fucked. Absolute nonsense.

Again I'll ask all the pug experts on here how many you have owned. Of course the answer is none.

Last edited:
Fun fact: Jugs are sometimes called Retro Pugs because they usually lose the flat face and have a bit muzzle, allowing their eyes to pop back in their skulls and look less like they have chronic piles all the time

Aye this is ours - she is a lovely dog but bloody attention seeking!

Logon or register to see this image

1. Anyway it's each to their own.

2. And if anyone has a problem with pug owners bring your dog down the beach and I'll bring the pug and we will see who wins in a fight.

3. Are you a qualified psychologist mate?

4. Again I'll ask all the pug experts on here how many you have owned. Of course the answer is none.
1. The classic excuse people make when they have no reasoned argument. 'Kevin's a child abuser' , 'oh well each to their own'...

2. Here we have the real reason why people have bitey dogs.

3. No, but I can read. I'm not a qualified nutritionist, but I know processed food is shite & what to eat instead. And I'm not your mate.

4. None, yes, because we don't think our entertainment is more important than an animal's suffering, as we are not selfish kernts, unlike half the population nowadays.

Anyway, well done getting the 2 rescue dogs, but buying a "new one" from a breeder is being complicit in animal cruelty, Unfortunately we have Government who rarely ban anything due to their blinkered ideology.

1. The classic excuse people make when they have no reasoned argument. 'Kevin's a child abuser' , 'oh well each to their own'...

2. Here we have the real reason why people have bitey dogs.

3. No, but I can read. I'm not a qualified nutritionist, but I know processed food is shite & what to eat instead. And I'm not your mate.

4. None, yes, because we don't think our entertainment is more important than an animal's suffering, as we are not selfish kernts, unlike half the population nowadays.

Anyway, well done getting the 2 rescue dogs, but buying a "new one" from a breeder is being complicit in animal cruelty, Unfortunately we have Government who rarely ban anything due to their blinkered ideology.
Complicit in animal cruelty? Have a word with yourself you idiot.

The puppy is a happy and healthy animal, just like every animal we have ever had. Don't go preaching on to me like I'm causing suffering to an animal you absolute berk.

@Vinyl Score have a look at this thread:

We do loads of voluntary work with pug welfare charities, as I've already mentioned in this very thread. We have rescued and fostered many pugs and similar breeds, helped them find better homes when they have been neglected, and driven literally all across the country picking up and dropping them off at new homes. Oh and home checks as well to determine whether a potential new owner is suitable with the welfare of the animal as an absolute priority.

So don't give me shite about being complicit in animal suffering.

What have you, or for that matter anyone else on this thread, done to promote animal welfare?

We do loads of voluntary work with pug welfare charities, as I've already mentioned in this very thread. We have rescued and fostered many pugs and similar breeds, helped them find better homes when they have been neglected, and driven literally all across the country picking up and dropping them off at new homes. Oh and home checks as well to determine whether a potential new owner is suitable with the welfare of the animal as an absolute priority.

What have you, or for that matter anyone else on this thread, done to promote animal welfare?
Not owned flat-faced dogs

That's very commendable, well done. (not being sarcastic)

But why do you need to do that? because (other) people neglect or abuse animals (or can no longer afford to keep them). Why do they own those animals? because it's the fashion to own them, and everyone who owns them perpetuates the problem and feeds the evil breeders who prioritise money over animal life.

Yes, I've done nothing to promote animal welfare, as it's not my thing. Similarly 've not helped for example Injured Bikers as I'm not a Biker.

But I (we) have adopted ("rescued") a human animal (commonly known as a child) who was neglected & abused, and I wouldn't like to think how much time, stress, emotions & of course money we have spent on him. What we haven't done is paid for a surrogate child or even if such a thing exist, a designer mutant child.

To bring things full circle, this child was in a household with puppies in, which he loved, but they were all sold off to buy drugs, which added to his many childhood traumas.

So, well done with the rescuing etc., but please don't encourage scumbag breeders.

That's very commendable, well done. (not being sarcastic)

But why do you need to do that? because (other) people neglect or abuse animals (or can no longer afford to keep them). Why do they own those animals? because it's the fashion to own them, and everyone who owns them perpetuates the problem and feeds the evil breeders who prioritise money over animal life.

Yes, I've done nothing to promote animal welfare, as it's not my thing. Similarly 've not helped for example Injured Bikers as I'm not a Biker.

But I (we) have adopted ("rescued") a human animal (commonly known as a child) who was neglected & abused, and I wouldn't like to think how much time, stress, emotions & of course money we have spent on him. What we haven't done is paid for a surrogate child or even if such a thing exist, a designer mutant child.

To bring things full circle, this child was in a household with puppies in, which he loved, but they were all sold off to buy drugs, which added to his many childhood traumas.

So, well done with the rescuing etc., but please don't encourage scumbag breeders.
Thank you.

For the record, the puppy didn't come from a scumbag breeder. There are breeders and there are breeders.

You touched on what was going to be my next point perfectly actually, which is that the far bigger issue here is not the breed of a particular animal but the behaviour of human beings. Far far more suffering is caused by shit humans than is caused by being a particular breed of animal, most of which are perfectly healthy anyway.

This is why we are very motivated to help in any way we can.

This thread shouldn't be about attacking pugs as a breed or their owners. Why not use this space to talk about the stratospherically bigger issue affecting the welfare of animals which is human beings.

I'm doing something to make things better. Those of you with strong opinions, ask yourself what on earth you are doing.

Back