Pugs - Absolutely knackered

Mux > Science. Sound.
:lol:

Nailed it mate!
I see. Not always easy to spot when written down, but fair enough
It probably wasn't funny.
Mux > Science. Sound.
By the way does this science say what percentage of pugs are dying of breathing difficulties caused by their breed?

Would be interesting since that is what all the nay sayers on this thread are basing their shitty views on.

Last edited:
We have had three.

Belle who died last year was 12 and never had any trouble breathing. We had to keep an eye on her on really hot days but that's it.

We have an 8 year old and a brand new puppy now, both fit and healthy.

This story is totally overblown in my experience. There are some flat faced dogs with breathing issues yes. There are other breeds with other issues.

For instance, bigger breeds tend to lose their mobility and their legs go. It's cruel but it happens and often at a young age. Doesn't happen to small dogs like pugs anywhere near as much.

The focus on pugs is just the new thing in the news today. It'll be back to staffys mauling children next and then foxes killing the family rabbit.

Those of you who think pugs are mega unhealthy and you feel so sorry for them, have you actually ever owned one? If you did you would realise you're wrong.
Disagree with you marra, you know fuck all about pugs apart from bucking them.

By the way does this science say what percentage of pugs are dying of breathing difficulties caused by their breed?

Would be interesting since that is what all the nay sayers on this thread are basing their shitty views on.
Nobody’s saying your dogs are shit and are going to die because they’re inbred and ugly as fuck, or that you have sex with them on a regular basis

It’s a concern that some breeds of dog won’t be viable if they keep evolving the way they are, and pugs are the foremost example

A simple comparison to dog’s common ancestor shows how little road they have left evolutionary speaking

Logon or register to see this image

Nobody’s saying your dogs are shit and are going to die because they’re inbred and ugly as fuck, or that you have sex with them on a regular basis

It’s a concern that some breeds of dog won’t be viable if they keep evolving the way they are, and pugs are the foremost example

A simple comparison to dog’s common ancestor shows how little road they have left evolutionary speaking

Ill have a read of that thanks mate.

I take exception to your ugly comment. They say owners look like their dogs and I'm splendidly handsome therefore so is the pug. Surely we can all agree on that.

The shape of that skull man :lol:

I take exception to your ugly comment. They say owners look like their dogs and I'm splendidly handsome therefore so is the pug. Surely we can all agree on that.

You did have that altercation with an oar not that long ago though mind...

:lol:

I like pugs tbh, expressive faces and real characters. It’s the greater issue of centuries of dog breeding reaching critical mass accelerated by relatively recent phenomenon like puppy farms/mills and the rise of criminal breeders.

As mentioned previously King Charles Spaniels are a better example with the horrific effects of chiari-type skull/brain problems which are getting more frequent with every generation as well as serious heart issues. They used to be held up as the worst example of selective breeding but now Pugs are under the spotlight.

Last edited:

Back