Pubs

Not at this time of year. They'll be rammed.
You really think so?

This time of year it's normally Christmas do's or groups of mates, men and women, meeting up for a night out. None of that can happen. I don't think any number of one-household groups will come anywhere near providing that level of business for hospitality outlets.

You really think so?

This time of year it's normally Christmas do's or groups of mates, men and women, meeting up for a night out. None of that can happen. I don't think any number of one-household groups will come anywhere near providing that level of business for hospitality outlets.

Definitely will. Couples will be delighted to get out for pints and bait. As will families. And solo suppers. And don't think you'll not get mates, and friends next to each other on different tables. You will see.

O
Of course, useful idiots Borry and Bitty could have the masses walking around with candles in the wind and they would think it entirely normal
I remember you trying to troll people on here with the word " Borry" lauding it up that he won the election, look a bit of a tit now don't you ?

Definitely will. Couples will be delighted to get out for pints and bait. As will families. And solo suppers. And don't think you'll not get mates, and friends next to each other on different tables. You will see.
I hope you're right mate, I really do.

In the previous Tier 2 there were places that would let family groups who were obvious friends sit at different tables and crack on with each other - there were others that were telling people they would be asked to leave if they spoke to people seated at other tables.

I remember you trying to troll people on here with the word " Borry" lauding it up that he won the election, look a bit of a tit now don't you ?
Starmer can end all this tomorrow if he votes against this nonsense. I won't hold my breath but it would be a good start to building bridges. Borry has been hijacked, Toby Young was right.

Starmer can end all this tomorrow if he votes against this nonsense. I won't hold my breath but it would be a good start to building bridges. Borry has been hijacked, Toby Young was right.
My post has nothing to do with Starmer or Labour, it's about you lauding it up when "Borry" won the election and now he's making you look like a tit.

Errm....your definition of elderly is incorrect. The average casualty age pretty much anywhere, is 80 to 85. So that is the age, 80 plus, that are the vulnerable elderly, not 65 year old that in many cases can still do a day's graft FFS

Errm...no it's not. 'Elderly' is defined as over 65 by the Office of National Statistics, the OECD, by the National Institute of Health in the US, by the WHO...

But let's go with the SAFCOldie definition of elderly then, or what others would call the very elderly. Let's say 80+.

I can only find last year's figures broken down by male and female so...

Female:
Finland 7%
Denmark 6%
Sweden 6%
United Kingdom 6%
Norway 5%

Male:
Denmark 4%
Finland 4%
Sweden 4%
United Kingdom 4%
Norway 3%.

You said very confidently that UK and Sweden are much closer in demographics than Sweden to its neighbours: so why can't we compare Sweden to Denmark, when they are identical. And your original point in the other post was that Sweden's death rates were because it has higher 'elderly stock' than its neighbours, and however you define elderly, that's just not true is it. Finland is higher in both over 65s and over 80s. Denmark's exactly the same in the over 80s.

Making it up as you go along.

Just like when you posted the terrible figures for flu deaths in the US...by quoting the death figures for the entire f***ing world. 😂

Back to your micro-calculations, research, critical thinking and making balloon animals at children's parties.

Last edited:

You do realise Labour want the country locked down more that the Torys right? If you want 'freedom' then Labour isn't your answer.

You do realise Labour want the country locked down more that the Torys right? If you want 'freedom' then Labour isn't your answer.
Aye, I know that, was just saying
Errm...no it's not. 'Elderly' is defined as over 65 by the Office of National Statistics, the OECD, by the National Institute of Health in the US, by the WHO...

But let's go with the SAFCOldie definition of elderly then, or what others would call the very elderly. Let's say 80+.

I can only find last year's figures broken down by male and female so...

Female:
Finland 7%
Denmark 6%
Sweden 6%
United Kingdom 6%
Norway 5%

Male:
Denmark 4%
Finland 4%
Sweden 4%
United Kingdom 4%
Norway 3%.

You said very confidently that UK and Sweden are much closer in demographics than Sweden to its neighbours: so why can't we compare Sweden to Denmark, when they are identical. And your original point in the other post was that Sweden's death rates were because it has higher 'elderly stock' than its neighbours, and however you define elderly, that's just not true is it. Finland is higher in both over 65s and over 80s. Denmark's exactly the same in the over 80s.

Making it up as you go along.

Just like when you posted the terrible figures for flu deaths in the US...by quoting the death figures for the entire f***ing world. 😂

Back to your micro-calculations, research, critical thinking and making balloon animals at children's parties.
Not percent, actual numbers.

Last edited:
I see France had only 4k new cases today, do you think the lockdown ( proper ) has worked ?

Revolution in Sunderland announced late last night that it was now closed for good. This was not the one I was referring to early.

First of a fair few, I'd imagine.

Not percent, actual numbers.

Desperate shifting of the goalposts there, in the original post you said 'per population head' which is a proportional, measure, like a...percentage. And funny how you've only come up with 'actual numbers' now. Just face it: on almost any measure, saying that Sweden is more like the UK than its neighbours is just bollocks. But but but Sweden.

Back