Pubs on Cup Final day

It’s a bit stupid how they have allocated the fanzone area’s. Box park is allocated to Portsmouth and located direct on wembley way, the Sse arena square which is allocated to is is to the right at the top of wembley way (closest to the west end of the stadium). Should have been the other way around as most supporters will leave the Sse arena square and head up the Spanish steps towards the west end of the ground... when vast majority of sunderland will have to then walk around to the east.

These lads party hard...

We've already started.

My brothers are Spurs fans and go to Wembley for all their home matches.
They get a train to Kingsbury station (1 stop from Wembley Park Station) and drink at the Wetherspoons their a couple minutes from the station. It is open from 8am not crowded and cheap food and drink and train to Wembley only takes 4 minutes

J. J. MOONS. .. fleapit of the highest order...steer clear...
We'll be in for opening time :)

Last edited:
Stopping at Upper St. Islington.
Been googling all the bars in a 300 metre radius of the hotel and the earliest to open on a Sunday is The Angel ( Weatherspoons), at 08.00 a.m.
Factor in the clocks going forward and its like a 07.00 a.m start. Cant wait.

Been googling all the bars in a 300 metre radius of the hotel and the earliest to open on a Sunday is The Angel ( Weatherspoons), at 08.00 a.m.

had a few decent nights in the Winchester there. dunno what time it opens on a Sunday though!

Baker Street last time so think we'll do the same again.Although the tesco at the station had ran out of drink when we got back on the tube en route to Wembley so will plan ahead

All “default” options

Add in O Neills, Euston Flyer and The Rocket on Euston Road to that lot

The Globe - the busiest pub next Sunday with the most expensive and worst beer in town, there are dozens of alternatives nearby.

What pub opens earliest? Getting into London about 6.30 worried I'm gonna have to wait a while for a pint.

The White Swan outside Highbury and Islington opens at 8 Wetherspoon same price as the one in Sunderland

The Angel over the road from Angel tube Wetherspoon opens at 8

The Met Bar Baker Street opens at 9 Wetherspoon more expensive than the other two.

Last edited by a moderator:
Once you’re sick of queuing in the globe jump on the jubilee from Baker St to Kilburn and right next to the station is the North London tavern. Takes 8 mins and then another 8 to Wembley Park. Don’t too many go though. ;)

I was thinking The Globe. I’ve never been before but it’s got a canny ourdoor bit out the front?
Plastic glasses:oops:

Try the Green Man:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Back