Pubs near the city hall in Newcastle

Up there tonight for Johnny Marr (and Gaz Coombes). f***ing mags at home again too, as they were the last time we went to see JM over there. He obviously hates the black n white kerntz and doesn't want them at his gigs. Makes funding a parking space bloody difficult though.

Up there tonight for Johnny Marr (and Gaz Coombes). f***ing mags at home again too, as they were the last time we went to see JM over there. He obviously hates the black n white kerntz and doesn't want them at his gigs. Makes funding a parking space bloody difficult though.
Park up by university library
Although Tyne bridge down to one lane will be fun!

Park up by university library
Although Tyne bridge down to one lane will be fun!
Cheers might check it out (Ncke uni library is it?) Was going to try Ellison Place, the Civic Centre one near Hancock St,, St Georges (next to TA building opposite as you like it). Manors would have done but it closes at 10pm! Last time ended up in the ncp at Dobson street, gridlock getting out as the match, our gig at the poly and a gig at city Hall all finished at the same time. At least their game is 7.30 rather than 8pm as it was last year. I'll probably drive through the tunnel and go the low road through walker and Ouseburn. (live in Jarra).

Cheers might check it out (Ncke uni library is it?) Was going to try Ellison Place, the Civic Centre one near Hancock St,, St Georges (next to TA building opposite as you like it). Manors would have done but it closes at 10pm! Last time ended up in the ncp at Dobson street, gridlock getting out as the match, our gig at the poly and a gig at city Hall all finished at the same time. At least their game is 7.30 rather than 8pm as it was last year. I'll probably drive through the tunnel and go the low road through walker and Ouseburn. (live in Jarra).

Metros back to 'normal' today. Why put yourself through the stress of looking for a parking space?!?

If you must, the Quayside multi-storey is decent and you're straight out onto the Bridge, or back the way you came.

Metros back to 'normal' today. Why put yourself through the stress of looking for a parking space?!?

If you must, the Quayside multi-storey is decent and you're straight out onto the Bridge, or back the way you came.
Worked in the city centre for 25 years so have a good mental map of parking spots. Rather not be on the metro with all them scruffy kerntz. As shandy drinker suggested up around Jesmond Road West and Windsor Terrace could also be spot on and only 5 minutes to city hall.

Worked in the city centre for 25 years so have a good mental map of parking spots. Rather not be on the metro with all them scruffy kerntz. As shandy drinker suggested up around Jesmond Road West and Windsor Terrace could also be spot on and only 5 minutes to city hall.
I park there every time
Quick walk away from city hall and straight onto central motorway or down to quayside

Rather not be on the metro with all them scruffy kerntz.

I share your concerns!

I still shudder at the memory of my journey home to West Allotment after we beat Watford in October. Changing lines at S Gosforth I had to squeeze into a packed carriage of skunks celebrating their PSG win, literallly dripping sweat and gravy all over me.

May never be the same again.....

Who is taking it over?

May never be the same again.....

Who is taking it over?
there'll be slight changes, of course BUT it's a lad and his partner who've worked there for a good while and possibly ratty's 2nd in command?
park up in shieldfield

Last edited:
there'll be slight changes, of course BUT it's a lad and his partner who've worked there for a good while and possibly ratty's 2nd in command?

That sounds promising, then. My main worry is the preservation of the Auld Rockers' Quiz which has been cancelled tonight with no announcement and a pathetic excuse!

Back