Pubs in sunderland that’s no longer around!!

Near to the Ship Isis & Crozier's motorbike emporium?

The Ship Isis is the dark building in the middle, Croziers is 2 doors up, with the Yellow Bird Shop at the top.

The Ship Isis is the dark building in the middle, Croziers is 2 doors up, with the Yellow Bird Shop at the top.
Sorry about that, the image wouldn’t load. It’s nearly as bad as that snooker commentator who said “For those watching in black and white, the red is next to the green”.

The Rose and Crown has been mentioned a few times, it was across the road from the swimming baths at the top of High St. West, under what is now Keel Sq. Following on from my cock up about the Ship Isis, can anyone remember a temperance “pub” on Silksworth Row, I can remember buying sasparilla by the glass there, when I was a kid.

Last edited:

Sorry about that, the image wouldn’t load. It’s nearly as bad as that snooker commentator who said “For those watching in black and white, the red is next to the green”.

The Rose and Crown has been mentioned a few times, it was across the road from the swimming baths at the top of High St. West, under what is now Keel Sq. Following on from my cock up about the Ship Isis, can anyone remember a temperance “pub” on Silksworth Row, I can remember buying sasparilla by the glass there, when I was a kid.
Really? Thats tremendous and a good idea really,the kind of thing someone would do these days. Like these ice cream shops that play rave music and that.

The kings head The Waterman’s tavern The American all down the east end plus about another 50
Did you ever drink in these? After they were converted to apartments I lived in the Royal Standard.
I was looking at it yesterday !
Might have been said , The Argo Frigate and Aquatic arms near the town bridge !

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't the Tramcar Inn in Southwick gone? Don't remember seeing it mentioned so far.

Sun Inn there is long gone too isn't it.

Did the Stone Bridge on Hylton Road get mentioned?

I think Christies in the town was mentioned. Is the space that was Fifth Avenue still open? I read they did something with it.

What was that pub in the town that they turned in to a bookies? I forget now,had red seats,on Park Lane.
Sun inns gone, but The Tram car is still alive as is the inside .
Looking at it as in to move into?
Ha, no just a walk around the area with some family. My uncle drank in both as he did with every other east end boozer .

Last edited by a moderator:

Back