Pubs in Silksworth and Surrounding Shut?

All this from one divvy who tbf will pass it on in a super market or garage he’s that thick and you want the pubs shut? Fanny.

Fanny? Wow, a very well thought out response. Well done.

This is just one "divvy" as you say, who has tested positive (some may say "caught out"). How many others will have been to the pub, who have it/carry it, but don't get tested? My bro in law told me last weekend he'd been in a pub the day before with 200 other people......200. No masks, and as is happening, minimal following of the rules after a few pints of warm fosters or Coors light (or whatever piss water people are seemingly so desperate to keep the pubs open in order to consume).

Just makes sense to anyone with half a brain. Shutting the pubs reduces the risk. Simple really.

I’ve seen some inane drivel on here but this takes the biscuit.
So you are telling me everyone who was out in them pubs last night will be staying indoors tonight? They will all own up and say “aye love I was in the fleece last neet so I will stay in for a few days?”

This is just one "divvy" as you say, who has tested positive (some may say "caught out"). How many others will have been to the pub, who have it/carry it, but don't get tested? My bro in law told me last weekend he'd been in a pub the day before with 200 other people......200. No masks, and as is happening, minimal following of the rules after a few pints of warm fosters or Coors light (or whatever piss water people are seemingly so desperate to keep the pubs open in order to consume).

Just makes sense to anyone with half a brain. Shutting the pubs reduces the risk. Simple really.

Bar in Prague got one lass testing positive in, 120 cases from that alone - restrictions back in place for the city

I know that mate but also closing super markets garages, cafes, etc etc will also reduce the risk. My point is the precautionary measures taking place should stop anyone else catching it. So why shut the pubs.
Bar in Prague got one lass testing positive in, 120 cases from that alone - restrictions back in place for the city
Was the bar taking correct measures?
Obviously not

It’s really not that simple. The virus doesn’t go away until there’s a vaccine. Over three million folk work in hospitality in the U.K. £38b in tax receipts for the treasury last year. It’s incredibly complex if anything.

On the other hand, is the person in question who went on that bar crawl knowing they were likely infectious a complete waste of space? Undoubtedly yes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know that mate but also closing super markets garages, cafes, etc etc will also reduce the risk. My point is the precautionary measures taking place should stop anyone else catching it. So why shut the pubs.

Was the bar taking correct measures?
Obviously not

Yep, district hygiene station said they did nothing wrong - it's just an enclosed space and it transmits

It’s really not that simple. The virus doesn’t go away until there’s a vaccine. Over three million folk work in hospitality in the U.K. £38b in tax receipts for the treasury last year. It’s incredibly complex if anything.

On the other hand, is the person in question who went on that bar crawl knowing they were likely infectious a complete waste of space? Undoubtedly yes.
Exactly. What about if he showed no signs of the virus but still went out. No one would know, that’s why the rules are in place because the government know people are thick.

So you are telling me everyone who was out in them pubs last night will be staying indoors tonight? They will all own up and say “aye love I was in the fleece last neet so I will stay in for a few days?”
This wanker of a lad showed symptoms, had a test then went out before getting his results. Absolutely f***ing ridiculous. Then of course he tested positive

This wanker of a lad showed symptoms, had a test then went out before getting his results. Absolutely f***ing ridiculous. Then of course he tested positive
I know. You’ve missed the argument mate. People calling for pubs to shut is what I’m arguing about. If social distancing rules and such were obeyed no one else should worry who was in the pub. That’s why we have the rules.

Yep, district hygiene station said they did nothing wrong - it's just an enclosed space and it transmits
People with outdoor heaters are going to do well this winter. I've been in Poland during December and most bars have outdoor heating spaces, I can imagine been similar where you are?

Pubs on an afternoon and pubs near to closing time are two very different things.

It may be they need to restrict opening times/amount of time people spend in the pub/consume.

Alcohol clearly affects people’s decision making.

Assuming he was not out on his own, imagine being in his company and he just casually drops into the conversation that he has covid symptoms and is awaiting a test result.

I know. You’ve missed the argument mate. People calling for pubs to shut is what I’m arguing about. If social distancing rules and such were obeyed no one else should worry who was in the pub. That’s why we have the rules.
True but if we have idiots like that who has been on the drink allday and using the toilets then its hard to stop it

Pubs on an afternoon and pubs near to closing time are two very different things.

It may be they need to restrict opening times/amount of time people spend in the pub/consume.

Alcohol clearly affects people’s decision making.
Was shocked there wasnt more stipulations tbh as it was obvious the great british public would take the piss the moment they reopened.

True but if we have idiots like that who has been on the drink allday and using the toilets then its hard to stop it
Aye but like I said earlier if he never got tested or showed symptoms no one would be the wiser and he would have gone on like this anyway. It’s no different to the blokes on here who say they are not wearing a mask in a shop. People agree with them, but if they said I have the virus and I’m not wearing a mask people would have a different outlook.

Back