Pubs/bars in Durham

Walter Ego

Striker
A knar, but ya knar.

The only place I've been for a beer in Durham is The Station House. I'm heading through tonight and fancy a change. Anywhere else like it?

It's with a lady so whoever comes up with a decent answer can have pictures.

A knar, but ya knar.

The only place I've been for a beer in Durham is The Station House. I'm heading through tonight and fancy a change. Anywhere else like it?

From there head down North Road and go to the Head of Steam. I always end up at The Vic anarl, but that’s a canny hike from there. You could do The Shakespear on the way though.

If photographing your pint and yakking on exclusively about beer is your bag, then I can safely say there is nowhere quite like the Station House in Durham.

It'll be a ghost town tonight, might be a few in the Elm Tree and The Half Moon. Real ale in the Shakespeare and The Vic. Nee
queues anywhere.

A knar, but ya knar.

I was believing you up till this point..

Half Moon or the Victoria ( open fires and good beer which will be toppa on a cold winters night)

Each to their own but I don't get the fuss over the station house. There's a better pub over the road. All IMO, of course.
Went in The Bridge last Saturday, couldn't get stirred for people eating. Even the tables in the 'bar' bit were reserved for meals, it's more restaurant then pub now IMO

A knar, but ya knar.

Station House is a cask beer place - so assuming you like proper beer......

Walk down towards Durham past the bus station, there's a little left turn in the main street - Head of Steam is here.

The head further into Durham - bit of a walk this time - until you get to the market square, turn right, and walk again - The Shakespeare on the right for more cask ales, and the Library on the left (further up) for craft beers (formerly a Varsity pub, so you know what to expect).

Back down the bank, turn right onto the bridge all the way to the bottom - turn right. 2 decent pubs here - Half Moon and the City Inn just after it

That should about cover your day.

Back