Pubs banning mobiles

He’s going on like paying by card is the norm. Imagine having to take money out with you.
Must admit I've now fully embraced this on a day/night out. Almost everywhere is geared up for it and it is so much faster and easier than cash. I reckon I probably spend less narl. Not sure how or why mind. Still have a cash backstop for the rare occasions it's needed.

Last edited:
What a bunch of miserable old farts, no I don’t use mine, pay as you go, a tenner lasts five years. However, i dare bet the same old tw-ts backing this will decry the nanny state. It’s a free country, as smokers keep telling me.
So you disagree with cinemas telling people to turn their phones off too?

As for the pub thing, surely newspapers should be banned too? They're a connection to the outside world and having your head buried in your paper is just as anti-social as having your head buried in an electronic device.

I always pay cash on a night out. Not against using a credit card but just never broken the cash habit.

Each to their own with phones. It looks so shit on trains, at bus stops and (especially) in pubs if everybody’s head is slanted downwards and they are tapping on glass. I’d have a book, newspaper or talking to my mates with a beer any day over that.

Meh - people will be using their phones to find dates next... !!

Back