Publish a book

One of the world's best selling authors used to get on here, not sure if he still is like.
Him and I are planning to do a book if possible.
God?
No bother at all.

I‘m a bit jealous because I’ve got an idea for a dystopian book. But just don’t have the patience or concentration levels to actually put my idea down in actual words.

I’ve got this idea floating around my head of a dystopian journal/diary. A survivor whose thoughts start off as positive but then change as time passes. His/her journey through the world, meeting other survivors. But having a twist of something happening to the journal keeper and a fellow survivor picks up and continues the writing....

I actually got the idea from the SMB zombie survival threads :D
I would read that. 👍

Last edited:
Reddit seems an interesting site, like. I've never really looked into using, though. Some good discussions if you find the right forum, I take it?
Yes, I follow r/books, r/fantasy and the most important r/free ebooks. Lots of authors are active and if you come across as a genuine down-to-earth writer I'll read whatever they are flogging then buy other stuff if I like it. I've commented on books I've read and the author him/herself has replied, which is quite rewarding.

I have finished my first draft, trying to look at it objectively to edit it. I looked Into hiring an editor but I’m a bit lost as to what to look for did have a look on EPANI

@RestlessNatives Any advice you can offer?
You'll hate this idea but read it aloud. You'll notice all sorts of things wrong with it and sentences you stumble over.
I'll dig out a couple of blogs but if you have access to Powerpoint, send me your email and I'll send the slides from when I've run editing workshops. It won't all make sense as I did a lot of talking around it but it should help.

I've been toying with this idea, a bit of an auto biography from a Sunderland fan.
The things that's happened in my life you would think it was fictitious.
From really humble beginnings, to being forced into the Army, to working in a number of industries eventually going to Uni and being one of the only people in Sunderland to graduate twice in the same week doing two degrees.
I've been shot, stabbed, run over, rammed off the road. Been in more bar fights than I would like to admit. Played in a World Cup final in Rome for ex pats. Winning a Gold medal in Cyprus for the British Army and them represent the UN at athletics. Been subject to racial profiling and discrimination in both Italy and here in Spain. Lots of funny stories, but lots of sadness, as well as following Sunderland from abroad. And, playing football with Paolo de Canio and influencing him to buying West Ham strips for his kids school team in Rome.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been toying with this idea, a bit of an auto biography from a Sunderland fan.
The things that's happened in my life you would think it was fictitious.
From really humble beginnings, to being forced into the Army, to working in a number of industries eventually going to Uni and being one of the only people in Sunderland to graduate twice in the same week doing two degrees.
I've been shot, stabbed, run over, rammed off the road. Been in more bar fights than I would like to admit. Played in a World Cup final in Rome for ex pats. Winning a Gold medal in Cyprus for the British Army and them represent the UN at athletics. Been subject to racial profiling and discrimination in both Italy and here in Spain. Lots of funny stories, but lots of sadness, as well as following Sunderland from abroad. And, playing football with Paolo de Canio and influencing him to buying West Ham strips for his kids school team in Rome.
And weren't you the inspiration behind the I want to break free video?

Mate of mine was a squaddie and is now a world selling author and has topped the Times best seller list. Go for it.
I'd get jailed along with a few others if the whole truth came out. My Army days we're fantastic, funny, hard and sometimes gruesome.

I'm useless with my social media presence. I always worry about putting too much out there and I severed links with a number of writers on Twitter as they posted the same shit continuously all day, every day. It really fucked me off. :lol:

Some tips I forgot I published seven years ago after releasing my novel:

Some of my flash fiction if you give a shit:
What is flash fiction?
Thats a good sign :lol: I've endured it twice too, crossed legs agogo
Just did a beta read about child serial killers. That was relaxing
Serial killers and Nonces are the last refuge of the literary uninspired. I realise that churning out detective series novels can be financially rewarding and it has to be better than working for a living but some of those author twats have no self respect.

Last edited:
What is flash fiction?

Serial killers and Nonces are the last refuge of the literary uninspired. I realise that churning out detective series novels can be financially rewarding and it has to be better than working for a living but some of those author twats have no self respect.
Very short stories. Usually a thousand words or (often much) less.

I am finding it taking me longer to edit my first draft than I did writing it. My second draft is so far ending up about 10,000 words more than my first draft because I keep adding scenes into chapters, ideas that came to me while I was writing.

I am finding it taking me longer to edit my first draft than I did writing it. My second draft is so far ending up about 10,000 words more than my first draft because I keep adding scenes into chapters, ideas that came to me while I was writing.
:lol: It's meant to go the other way, man.
The one thing I would say about editing is that you have to be brutally honest with yourself. Does a scene move the story forward? If not, get rid.
Save it and repurpose it for another book.

:lol: It's meant to go the other way, man.
The one thing I would say about editing is that you have to be brutally honest with yourself. Does a scene move the story forward? If not, get rid.
Save it and repurpose it for another book.

What I meant was while I was writing a new chapter an idea would come to me for something I should have added into a previous chapter, so I would make a note of it and then when I finished writing I would go back an add in the scenes when I edited. There were two chapters that I wasn’t completely happy with I ended up rewriting and ended up improving it.

I know I probably need to look for somebody to edit properly for me objectively but it is finding the right person as there seem to be that many.

Back