PUBG

Another 2nd earlier!

Finding myself using buildings for protection but then not quite moving quick enough when theres only 2 or 3 left.

485 solo games....
0 chicken dinners..
I'm defo doing something wrong :rolleyes:

Nice little stat site here

Xbox PUBG

Make that 486 now :D:D haha

This statistic is worrying lol, I'm starting to think it's not possible..

I get down to the last 10-15 a LOT, which is where my arse bounces and I bottle it every single time.....

Last edited:
485 solo games....
0 chicken dinners..

Xbox PUBG

I get down to the last 10-15 a LOT, which is where my arse bounces and I bottle it every single time.....

It has to happen mate. What are you changing about your play in the latter stages? For example going ultra defensive or not taking the shot when you have the chance?

For me scopes make a massive difference late on, 4x scope is best. Find some cover (prone in the grass will do) but move so you have a line of sight, ideally be at the edge of the circle so you can see as much of the zone as possible. Take your shots from that position, often other players will be shot or certainly damaged by the time they work out where the fire is coming from. Always condider using grenades as well to fish out any hiders.

You always still need a bit luck, but taking advantage of that as much as possible.

485 solo games....
0 chicken dinners..

Xbox PUBG

Just checked mine, 36 games, 1 chicken dinner. The chicken dinner was the last time I played Pubg about 3 weeks ago

It has to happen mate. What are you changing about your play in the latter stages? For example going ultra defensive or not taking the shot when you have the chance?

For me scopes make a massive difference late on, 4x scope is best. Find some cover (prone in the grass will do) but move so you have a line of sight, ideally be at the edge of the circle so you can see as much of the zone as possible. Take your shots from that position, often other players will be shot or certainly damaged by the time they work out where the fire is coming from. Always condider using grenades as well to fish out any hiders.

You always still need a bit luck, but taking advantage of that as much as possible.
Good post. Very military I like it. I relate the five "s" and the principles of marksmanship as much as possible to the game, stay in the dead ground and lots of observation from natural high points.

Another late game tactic I've seen others use is to play the circle. Each time they'll go to a building as close to the centre of the circle as possible, gives you cover and some lines of sight to pick off others. Added bonus of hearing people come in as well. I've even seen people use the shacks for this tactic. Its pretty defensive but I tried it and finished 2nd, and in fairness I banked on the other player hadn't seen me and missed my opportunity to shoot first.

Try it when you get down to the last 20 or so, you may need a car to get there.

I'm not changing a lot really, just trying to adapt to area/situation/kit, on the fly...
It 100% has a lot to do with that damn blue circle... That kills me a lot !
I think it's the fear of moving too early, then before I know it... It's too late lolol...
But I had no idea I'd played almost 500 games :eek:
I won't stop playing till I win one... :D

I'm not changing a lot really, just trying to adapt to area/situation/kit, on the fly...
It 100% has a lot to do with that damn blue circle... That kills me a lot !
I think it's the fear of moving too early, then before I know it... It's too late lolol...
But I had no idea I'd played almost 500 games :eek:
I won't stop playing till I win one... :D

Play the circle late game, pick a building or shack right at the centre of the current circle and keep transport close by. Move and adjust your next target building as appropriate. Once theres no building cover go to the outside of the circle with a vantage point and some cover (a ridge, a rock, long grass) and try to pick people off. Realistically that late on you're going to need to make kills to win.

What is your best finish?

Play the circle late game, pick a building or shack right at the centre of the current circle and keep transport close by. Move and adjust your next target building as appropriate. Once theres no building cover go to the outside of the circle with a vantage point and some cover (a ridge, a rock, long grass) and try to pick people off. Realistically that late on you're going to need to make kills to win.

What is your best finish?
Not me. I got my dinner without a single kill. Pacifist extraordinaire, me, mate.

I tend to find in solos the best tactic is not to be in buildings. Too much of a chance of being pelted with grenades and people coming into the building. My last two solo wins have come from picking people off from the edge of the circle hiding amongst the trees.

Also got a 12% win rate in squads, 32 chicken dinners :cool:

Can't seem to get beyond 2nd at the minute! I was well under-prepared having no kills, three-quarter health and nothing to heal with. Ran with the circles, took no fire at all and got one on one, if i'd have had a 4x or a 2x I'd have won. Seen him crawling and opened fire and hit him twice, he managed to get behind a rock and headshotted me. To be fair it was a miracle I made top 10 let alone 2nd.

In a game where I was much better prepared I had none of the luck of the round above and ending up finishing 7th, funny how it works with loot and circles sometimes. Killed a few players and in the last 10 whilst on the edge of the circle I got rushed from houses behind, I killed the player but whilst I was looting there was another person coming from the houses who got a few shots in, so whilst I was taking cover I got picked off from elsewhere.

Still such an entertaining game mind.

Still no chicken dinner :evil:
4th tonight, fecking circle again ! closed in on that lighthouse thing on the southern island, I couldn't climb up the cliff face hahahaha....

enjoyed it tho ;)

f***ing daft decisions sometimes!

Mid 40s left, playing well. Three kills, more ammo than I can shake a stick at. A nice M416 and a Scar with a lovely 8x scope. Two Med kits and 4 first aids, literally set for the latter stages. Inside the circle with transport and running down the numbers in a house. A bit too keen and eager, I go to move to the next circle as soon as its announced. I daftly jump out the window and move to my motor right in to the path of somebody coming to steal my buggy and I'm shot to shit at the wheel. Such a waste!!!!

Over 600 solo games now without a single win... :oops::cry:. I'm close to quitting haha

Mate it HAS to happen. There has to be games where everything goes right and its there for the taking, you just have to pounce at the right time. Like a striker thats struggling for a goal, once you get one you'll get two.

Back