Pub Apps

I always find it amazing that you can sit outside a bar in Spain, Greece or Portugal where you've never been before and can drink for hours before they give you a final bill but at my local where I've been drinking for 12 years they insist on being paid for every drink as it is served.

Remember one pub in Turkey where the owner had blatantly told his staff to 'forget' to deliver bills in the hope that you would stay and drink more

Surprisingly the bill always appeared quickly when you got up to walk out without paying

I'm quite happy to be waited on.

It may become unworkable in city centre pubs when/if they get packed again though.

I'm just pleased they are open and i can get back to almost normal.

I'm quite happy to be waited on.

It may become unworkable in city centre pubs when/if they get packed again though.

I'm just pleased they are open and i can get back to almost normal.

It will be interesting to see how pubs cope with table service and social distancing for the first week of the Euros (and maybe longer if restrictions aren't lifted on the 21st). Are they going to refuse entry when all tables are filled?

The Spoons app was class way before Covid reared it's head mind.

Nee problem with this whatsoever as long as it's done right. Saves clarting on with money and standing at bars waiting for idiots to order their cocktails n jagers.

Really useful at airport Spoons when you are travelling on your own. You can't leave your stuff at the table while you go to order and if you go to the bar someone's taken your space by time you get back.

Pain in the f***ing arse some of the ones ive used. Nowhere near as simple as Spoons’ app.

Ah yeah. One place in Durham was doing that. Cheeky 1% per order but it all adds up when the bar is rammed to the rafters of munters dressed like they are off to Royal Ascot smashing in the ÂŁ10 cocktails and ÂŁ8 Gins
Which bar?

Back