Pub Apps

I had a right carry on at the cricket on Saturday trying to order a pint using the App - it was adding on service charges, tips, and then asking me to register my bank details. I didn't have my reading glasses and it was bright sunlight

In the end I just flagged down the lass who was delivering to another seat and paid cash.

All that palaver for one f@cking pint.
The app we use has just been updated to allow venues to add a service charge. A f***ing service charge to use an app that’s in place because of government restrictions? Fuck off man. Needless to say we’ve opted out.
Table serive when done right is one of the best things to come out of this shit show, especially in places like spoons u don't have to queue at the bar your elbows stay dry and u don't have to stand next to smelly fuckers
I love it me but we’ve had so much feedback from customers who absolutely loathe it…unfortunately they take it out on us as if it’s our decision!

Works great for me. Always hard to juggle a round of drinks on a pair of crutches.

I was in my first drinking establishment that only had 'order at the bar' service since all this kicked off at the weekend. Felt great.

Even where pubs have an app, I don't think they're well used. Three times recently, I've had to chase an order as no one has been picking it up. I waited 15 effing minutes tonight. Upon asking them to chase my order, I was served shortly after with the explanation that "it had only just come through". Bullshit. I'll just be using cash/card from now on unless I've no mask.

I like using the apps but I do suspect they will die out

I also think we need a massive shift if we are to move to table service generally like abroad as we are just not used to running up a bill in pubs (including the staff not being used to it) as was in one at the weekend and took forever just to flag someone down just to pay rather than drink up and go when you're ready

I also think we need a massive shift if we are to move to table service generally like abroad as we are just not used to running up a bill in pubs (including the staff not being used to it) as was in one at the weekend and took forever just to flag someone down just to pay rather than drink up and go when you're ready

You dont need to run up bills, if they bring the card reader with them when they bring the drinks over which is loads more preferable.

It tends to be places that also sell food that go down then the bill at the end option, as basic wet pubs, tend not to have the fancy tills that keep table records.

This is one good thing to come out of the pandemic, we should be more like Europe, table service, outside drinking despite the weather.
The Tories maybe taking us back to the 80’s but the coronavirus has taken us forward

Abroad tend to have it spot on.

Wouldn't mind if it was as good here as it is there.

My experience here is that a lot of servers can't remember more than 2 drinks without having to fumble about for a pen and scribble it down, then a 15+ min wait for the drinks.

Abroad tend to have it spot on.

Wouldn't mind if it was as good here as it is there.

My experience here is that a lot of servers can't remember more than 2 drinks without having to fumble about for a pen and scribble it down, then a 15+ min wait for the drinks.

I always find it amazing that you can sit outside a bar in Spain, Greece or Portugal where you've never been before and can drink for hours before they give you a final bill but at my local where I've been drinking for 12 years they insist on being paid for every drink as it is served.

I always find it amazing that you can sit outside a bar in Spain, Greece or Portugal where you've never been before and can drink for hours before they give you a final bill but at my local where I've been drinking for 12 years they insist on being paid for every drink as it is served.
Is that not because they have known you for 12 years and think you are a wrong un and not going to pay up?? 🤷‍♂️ 🤣🤣

Is that not because they have known you for 12 years and think you are a wrong un and not going to pay up?? 🤷‍♂️ 🤣🤣
Could have bought the place with the amount of money I've spent there over the years.

I just don't like seeing

Pub
Pub
Pub
Pub
Pub

on my bank statement just for one visit. Though I suppose it helps you remember how much you drank.

Could have bought the place with the amount of money I've spent there over the years.

I just don't like seeing

Pub
Pub
Pub
Pub
Pub

on my bank statement just for one visit. Though I suppose it helps you remember how much you drank.
Aye its not good when looking the next morning. Upside is not having 75 million pound coins in change in your pocket from paying with notes

Back